Easy Apple Crumble is one of those amazing recipes that is so good but also so quick and easy to make. Truly, this recipe is the best apple crisp.
This easy apple crumble recipe has apples are nice and soft (without becoming mushy) and the crumbly topping….oh, it’s so delicious! It is one of the best apple recipes for apple season.
If in the fall your mind turns to all things apple then you have to try some more if these Fall recipes.
MORE APPLE RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
What We Love About This Easy Apple Crisp Recipe
A crumble is just a crisp without oats in the streusel. It often features nuts, but the streusel topping is usually a simple combination of butter, flour, and sugar that is more clumpy than that of a crisp.
- 20 Minute Prep: This recipe for a good crumble takes only minutes to prepare.
- Easy Basic Ingredients: All found in pantry or the fridge for the apple mixture.
- Family Friendly: These warm desserts will be the personal favorite for everyone.
- Adaptable: Can make it with a variety of different apples for this classic fall dessert.
Ingredient Notes for Best Fall Dessert
- Fresh Apples: Fresh fruit, peeled, cored and sliced. The best apples you can find.
- Sugar: White sugar for the filling.
- Flour: All purpose flour
- Cinnamon: One Teaspoon or more if you like.
- Quick oats: Make sure they are quick oats and not old fashioned oats.
- Flour: One cup.
- Brown sugar: One cup of light brown sugar but you can also use dark brown sugar.
- Baking powder and Baking Soda: Both help the crumble topping rise.
- Butter: melted, use salted or unsalted butter.
Equipment Needed for Fantastic Recipe
How to Make Easy Apple Crumble Recipe
These are the basic steps for making apple oat crisp recipe. Please refer to the recipe card below for more detailed instructions.
STEP 1: PREP
First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and then spread apple slices in an even layer in a 13×9 pan.
STEP 2: Mix
Then in a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon. Distribute the mixture evenly over the apples. Pour water into the pan.
STEP 3: TOPPING
Next, prepare topping, combine all of the topping ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix until the texture becomes crumbly.Sprinkle the crumb topping evenly over the apples.
STEP 4: BAKE
Finally, .place in a preheated oven and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Prep and Storage Tips for Favorite Desserts
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE AHEAD OF TIME
This easy apple crumble can be made in advance, the crumbly topping can be made in an airtight container and placed in the refrigerator.
HOW TO STORE THIS APPLE DESSERT RECIPE
Store the leftover easy apple crumble in the fridge covered with aluminum foil or in an airtight container for up to four days.
HOW TO FREEZE THIS RECIPE
Place the unbaked apple crumble or the cooked easy apple crumble recipe in the freezer covered in foil or in an airtight container for up to four months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator,
HOW TO REHEAT THIS RECIPE
Rewarm the best apple crumble recipe in the microwave or in the oven.
Frequently Asked Questions
A sugar free apple crisp can be made by using your favorite sugar substitutes in place of the sugar mixture.
Of course, use granny smith apples for a tart dessert. Macintosh apples, Northern Spy apples, golden apples, whatever apples are on your local apple tree. It is all a matter of personal preference.
Indeed, use a half order or make a double batch of this recipe.
Expert Tips for Making This Recipe
- Add Nuts: A good crumble can be enhanced with walnuts or pecans.
- Raisins: Add raisins or dried cranberries to the sliced apples for a different taste.
- Variation tip: Feel free to add lemon juice or lemon zest to the apple cobbler to the recipe.
- Alternate cooking method tip: This easy apple crumble can also be cooked in the Air Fryer. The crock pot is another great method to make this dish.
What to Serve with Easy Apple Crumble
Did you try this recipe?
⭐ Click below to leave a review and rating! ⭐
Easy Apple Crumble
- 10 cups apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Spread apples in an even layer in a 13×9 pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Distribute the mixture evenly over the apples. Pour water into the pan.
- To prepare topping, combine all of the topping ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Mix until the texture becomes crumbly.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping evenly over the apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/
Recipes You Might Have Missed