This easy chicken pot pie is a quick dinner idea that tastes like you’ve slaved over it all day. But the best part is, in 30 minutes, you have dinner on the table.
This is one of those recipes that is great to have on your list of meals you can throw together in a jiffy. You know, for those nights when you have 52 things going on and are being pulled in a million directions, an easy chicken pot pie is the answer.
But, no matter how busy I am, I like to have a good, home cooked meal on the table for my family every night. Even if some nights we are only sitting down for 10 minutes. At least I know that for those 10 minutes, we can unwind and chat about our day or map a plan of attack for the rest of the evening.
This Easy Chicken Pot Pie Bisquick version is one of my family’s favorite dinners. Another great version are these delicious CHICKEN POT PIE BISCUITS!
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
Easy Chicken Pot Pie
Bisquick Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast cubed
- 1-10 oz can cream of chicken soup or equivalent of my homemade cream soup mix
- 1 2/3 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp House Season Blend
- 1 cup baking mix such as Bisquik
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 tsp butter melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the chicken, soup, vegetables, thyme and garlic powder; transfer to a pie dish.
- In another bowl, combine baking mix, egg, milk, cheese and melted butter.
- Pour mixture over top of chicken mixture and spread in an even layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and sauce is bubbly.
- This Recipe Can be Doubled: Have a lot of mouths to feed? Simply increase the ingredients proportionately and split it into two baking dishes before baking.
- Bacon: Not surprisingly, crumbled bacon is a great add.
- Cheese it Up: Sinful parmesan or asiago add a great salty kick.
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/