This easy chicken pot pie is a quick dinner idea that tastes like you’ve slaved over it all day. But the best part is, in 30 minutes, you have dinner on the table.
This is one of those recipes that is great to have on your list of meals you can throw together in a jiffy. You know, for those nights when you have 52 things going on and are being pulled in a million directions, an easy chicken pot pie is the answer.
But, no matter how busy I am, I like to have a good, home cooked meal on the table for my family every night. Even if some nights we are only sitting down for 10 minutes. At least I know that for those 10 minutes, we can unwind and chat about our day or map a plan of attack for the rest of the evening.
This Easy Chicken Pot Pie Bisquick version is one of my family’s favorite dinners.
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
Easy Chicken Pot Pie
Easy Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast - cubed
- 1-10 oz can cream of chicken soup - or equivalent of my homemade cream soup mix
- 1 2/3 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup baking mix - such as Bisquik
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cheddar cheese - shredded
- 1/4 tsp butter - melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the chicken, soup, vegetables, thyme and garlic powder; transfer to a pie dish.
- In another bowl, combine baking mix, egg, milk, cheese and melted butter.
- Pour mixture over top of chicken mixture and spread in an even layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and sauce is bubbly.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.