Get ready to celebrate with this collection of Mardi Gras food! Whether you want to try some traditional Mardi Gras food or want to try some fun, themed treats, there’s a little something for everyone in these recipes.
Mardi Gras is French for “Fat Tuesday.” Traditionally, it’s the last day of indulgence (eating rich, fatty foods) before Catholics start fasting for Lent.
In typical New Orleans fashion, it’s a day for celebrating with parades, beads and partying til the wee hours of the morning. It’s also a time for lots and lots of great food, like Jambalaya, Red Beans and Rice, Mardi Gras King Cakes, and Beignets. Be sure to join in on the fun and add some Mardi Gras food to your meal plan this week!
Mardi Gras Meals
This Mardi Gras food will be a perfect addition to your festivities of the holiday! If you’ve always wanted to try making your own gumbo or shrimp and grits, these mardi gras recipes are a great place to start!
- One Pot Jambalaya: Easy and packed with flavor!
- Rosemary Shrimp and Sweet Potato Grits: Southern comfort.
- Jambalaya with Shrimp and Ham: Lighter and flavorful.
- Crock Pot Red Beans and Rice: Hearty and delicious!
- Chicken and Andouille Sausage Gumbo: A savory classic!
- New Orleans Muffuletta Sandwich: A crowd pleaser!
- Crock Pot Gumbo: Rich and delicious.
- Easy Louisiana Red Beans & Brown Rice: Full of spiced flavor.
- Shrimp Creole Soup with Bacon Cornmeal Dumplings: Creamy and delightful.
Mardi Gras Cake and Desserts
These Mardi Gras desserts will nearly make you feel like you’re right in New Orleans. From Mardi Gras king cake to powdered sugar-topped beignets, you’re sure to enjoy one of these sweet delights!
- Traditional New Orleans King Cake: Great for parties!
- King Cake Cream Puffs: Absolutely heavenly!
- Busy Mama’s Mini King Cakes: Simple and delicious!
- Bananas Foster King Cake: Sweet and buttery!
- King Cake Dip: Rich and creamy!
- Baked Beignets: Sweet southern goodness!
More Recipes You Might Like
- Steak and Cheese Hand Pies
- Crock Pot Hot Chocolate
- Beef Tenderloin with Port Wine Cranberry Sauce
- Skillet Steak and Potatoes
Looking for more? Check out some of the Easy Side Dishes on It Is a Keeper.