This Cheddar Bay biscuit recipe is a copycat for your favorite restaurant’s biscuits but can be done quickly and easily in the air fryer at home.This secret recipe makes the best biscuits. They cheesy biscuits are perfectly crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
The cheddar bay biscuit recipe below is the perfect accompaniment to any meal. It is, of course, especially good with seafood. These buttery biscuits are copycat Red Lobster’s Cheddar Bay biscuits.
This famous biscuits come together very quickly and elevate even the simplest dish to the next level. This easy recipe is one of my favorite copycat recipes. It’s the real deal – no Bisquick mix in this recipe! This simple recipe makes a great side dish or savory snack.
MORE BREAD RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
Red Lobster has had biscuits on their menu since 1922, find out more here.
- Just a few minutes: Such a perfect biscuit without a box mix
- Easy Ingredients: All simple ingredients and easy to make – it’s the best part! Grab them at your local grocery store.
- Family Friendly: These drop biscuits will make any meal a treat.
- Makes Great Leftovers: So many things you can serve these biscuits with.
What You Need to Make Red Lobster Biscuits
- All purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- garlic powder
- fresh parsley
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
How to Make Red Lobster’s Cheddar Bay Biscuits (full recipe in the recipe card below)
- Dry: First, in a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and garlic.
- Butter: Second, cut the stick of cold butter in small pea size cubes and then using a stand mixer or food processor, mix the butter into the dry flour mixture until there are small chunks of butter. It should be the size of peas.
- Cheese: Next, stir in cheese and parsley.
- Buttermilk: Using you hand or stirring paddle for stand mixer, combine in the buttermilk until a dough forms, do not over knead the batter; you want it firm enough to form into a mound but not too firm.
- Scoop: Spray the air fryer basket and then using an ice cream scoop the biscuit dough and place in air fryer basket. Repeat to fill your basket.
- Cook: Finally, coat biscuits with spray and cook on 380 for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Turn and cook for 2 more minutes
- Make Garlic Butter Sauce: Melt 2 tablespoons of butter and add garlic. Brush the butter mixture over the warm biscuit.
LOOKING FOR MORE BREAD RECIPES? TRY THESE FAVORITES:
Common Questions About Baked Biscuits
HOW DO I STORE BISCUITS?
In an airtight container, these flavorful biscuits will last up to three days in the fridge.
IS THERE OLD BAY SEASONING IN THE BISCUIT?
This recipe does not call for old bay, however, you can replace the seasoning with an 1/8th teaspoon of old bay. It’s the perfect addition to these warm biscuits.
CAN THIS RECIPE BE DOUBLED OR HALVED?
Definitely, simply adjust the ingredients accordingly.
BISCUITS BE FROZEN?
Of course, freeze for up to three months. Use an airtight container to keep the cheddar biscuits fresh.
RECIPE BE MADE AHEAD OF TIME?
Absolutely, make the dough and refrigerate until ready to bake. The scoop dough into the air fryer to cook.
Expert Tips for Making These Copycat Biscuits
- Handling: The less you handle or work the dough the better – you’ll get soft biscuits
- Variation tip: The garlic butter glaze adds great flavor but you can add your favorite herbs to make an herb butter sauce too.
- Cold is Best: Freeze the butter after dicing while you do the rest of the recipe. It provides great lift and flavor.
- Larger: Size of the biscuit can be adjusted, make them larger and use them for sandwiches.
- Close: Biscuits should touch while baking. This allows the tops to get golden but the middles to stay soft and fluffy.
⭐⭐⭐ RATE THIS RECIPE ⭐⭐⭐
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it in the comment section below.
Air Fryer Cheddar Bay Biscuits
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and garlic.
- Cut the stick of butter in small pea size cubes.
- Using a stand mixer or blender, mix the butter into the dry flour mixture until butter crumble form.
- Stir in cheese and parsley.
- Using you hand or stirring paddle for stand mixer, combine in the buttermilk. Do not over kneads the batter; you want it firm enough to form into a mound but not too firm.
- Spray the air fryer basket with oil and using an ice cream scoop, spoon out a clump of batter and place in air fryer basket. Repeat to fill your basket.
- Spray biscuits and cook on 380 for 5 minutes. Turn and cook for 2 more minutes
- Stir the garlic powder into the melted butter and brush over top of the baked biscuits.
- Handling: The less you handle or work the dough the better the result.
- Variation tip: Feel free to brush with melted butter and and garlic when they come out of the oven.
- Cold is Best: Freeze the butter after dicing while you do the rest of the recipe. it provides great lift and flavor.
- Larger: The size of the biscuit can be adjusted, make them larger and use them for sandwiches.
- Close: Biscuit should touch while baking. this allows the tops to get golden but the middles to stay soft and fluffy.