I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. If you are looking for easy dessert recipes this Patriot Berry Trifle is simple and festive! It goes perfectly with a steaming, hot cup of coffee.
I have a special place in my heart for our nation’s veterans. There is just something about the men and women in our military that makes me proud to be an American.
Maybe it’s because I come from a long line of veterans – my grandfathers, my father and my brother.
All of them were in the Army and all of them fought in wars, protecting our country and what we believe in.
I was always amazed when my family would get together and we would have three generations of veterans sitting at the dinner table. Three generations that fought in three separate wars – World War II, Vietnam and Operation Iraqi Freedom. That was special.
When my father passed away last summer, my son got to see his grandpa buried with military honors. He was impressed with the ceremony and honor that went along with the service.
To this day, he still asks questions about what it means to serve your country. During the Memorial Day holiday, I had my son sit down with my brother and learn about what it means to serve your country.
So, over a cup of coffee (and water for the little guy), my son and Uncle Dan talked about why he chose to serve his country and what it was like to serve in the military during war time.
In keeping with the festive theme, I made this festive Patriotic Berry Trifle – it’s one of my favorite easy dessert recipes. Chunks of soft, pound cake, topped with a lemon-scented cream and fresh strawberries and blueberries. It was so light and luscious.
I found this patriotic Coffee-mate liquid creamer too. Coffee-mate has decorated their French Vanilla and Hazelnut liquid creamer bottles and their Original powder creamer in patriotic stars and stripes.
These special Coffee-mate bottles will only be available at Walmart through Independence Day while supplies last.
Our chat with Uncle Dan was a great coffee-moment.
And, Coffee-mate is helping to make those special coffee moments even more meaningful. In this season that honors allegiance, they have joined with Operation Homefront in true support of those who have fought for our freedom. Operation Homefront provides a wide range of support for military families
They have decorated our creamer bottles in patriotic stars and stripes in tribute to those who serve(d).
This 4th of July join me in thanking our nation’s veteran for their selfless service. A simple thank you, means so much to them.
Click here for even more recipes and ideas to celebrate our nation’s heroes.
Here’s the easy printable recipe:
Easy Dessert Recipes: Patriotic Berry Trifle
Compliments of It’s a Keeper
Patriotic Berry Trifle
- 1 pound cake, baked, cooled and cut into cubes
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 (3.9 oz) package of instant vanilla pudding, prepared according to package directions
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 (16 oz) container whipped topping, thawed and divided
- Prepare instant vanilla pudding according to package directions.
- Add the zest of a lemon to the pudding and stir to combine.
- Fold half of the whipped topping into the pudding.
- In a large trifle bowl, arrange a single layer of cubed pound cake.
- Spread half of the pudding mixture on top the pound cake.
- Spread a layer of strawberries on top the pudding.
- Top with another layer of pound cake and then another layer of pudding.
- Place a layer of blueberries on top of the pudding.
- Top with reserved whipped topping and garnish with berries.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
For more easy recipes, check out these pages on It’s a Keeper: