These Snickers Cookies are crisp, nutty, and chewy, filled with chunks of Snickers candy, crunchy pecans, chocolate and caramel. Easy to make and kid friendly, they make great gifts- that is, if you don’t eat them all first!
Flavor Options for your Candy Bar Cookies
While Snickers is most well-known for its original chocolate and peanut butter flavor, there are lots of delicious candy bar options to choose from. Want to try something different from regular Snickers? Make these cookies with almond, white chocolate, or peanut butter Snickers bars.
Why This Snickers Cookie Recipe is a Keeper
- Less than 30 Minutes: These chocolate chip Snickers cookies come together in less than 30 minutes, leaving you with plenty of time for other baking projects.
- Family Friendly: Your family and friends will love these delicious cookies. It is a great way to use all the Snickers fun size from Halloween. These cookies are full of pieces of snickers and the cookies are really easy to make just follow the recipe and enjoy.
- Makes Great Gifts: This cookies look amazing, and are perfect for every season. However, they are the perfect gift to give or bring to a Christmas cookie exchange.
If you’re looking for more Snickers recipes, try these: Snickers Pancakes, Snickers Pie, and Snickers Poke Cake. If you love to east snickers then you will love these recipes that use leftover snickers.
What is Nougat?
Nougat is a soft, fluffy candy made of sugar, egg whites, and roasted nuts. While it’s enjoyed in many different confectionary treats, it can also be found in Snickers chocolate candy bars. In these peanut butter Snickers cookies, the nougat will provide a soft balance to the crunchy pecans and cookie.
Ingredient Notes for Snicker Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
These Snickers cookies are full of sweet ingredients, but you may have to make a quick run to the store for some of them. Be sure to have these ones on your grocery list:
- Snickers: Try this recipe with whatever size Snickers you have on hand, such as mini snickers candy bars, standard bars, or king-size Snickers bars.
- Semi Sweet Chunks: This chocolate complements the Snickers well, and the chunks make these chewy cookies extra decadent. You can also use mini chocolate chips.
- Pecans: These nuts add a crunch that will take your cookies over the top!
See the recipe card below for a complete list of the ingredients with measurements.
Variations and Substitutions for Snicker Candy Bar Cookies
- Chocolate Bars: Instead of round cookies, try making Snickers caramel and chocolate cookie bars.
- Different Candies: If you don’t like Snickers, you can use any mini candy bars in this recipe, like Twix bars, Heath bars, or Kit Kats.
- Peanut Butter Cookies: Use Snickers but make peanut butter cookies with snickers ingredients.
Special Equipment Needed to Love this Recipe
If you want to eat snickers and have a cookie craving then you will like this recipe as it is like a snickers but so much better. You will be happy you found this recipe.
How to Make Snickers Cookies
Ready to make these soft and chewy Snickers candy bar cookies? Just follow these easy steps for the perfect dessert with chocolate in every bite!
These are the basic easy to follow steps for making Snickers cookies. Refer to the full, printable recipe card below for detailed instructions.
Step 1: Prep
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Mix your dry ingredients- flour, salt and baking soda- together using an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or a hand mixer, and set aside.
Step 2: Combine the butter and Sugar
Next, combine the melted butter and brown sugar. Then, beat in the egg and the vanilla extract. Slowly incorporate in the flour and baking soda mixture once these ingredients have been combined.
Step 3: Candy for the Best Cookie
Stir in 1/2 the chocolate chunks, 2/3 of the nuts, and all of the chopped Snickers pieces. After mixing, use a medium cookie scoop to place the cookie dough balls onto a parchment-lined baking sheet or silicone mat. Flatten the dough slightly and decorate the cookie with extra chocolate and nuts.
Step 4: Bake the Cookies and Allow Cookies to Cool
Bake for 14 minutes and set the cookies on a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe FAQs for the Snicker Cookie Bars
Expert Tips for Making Snickers Bar Cookies
- Add Peanuts: If you do not want pecans, you can add peanuts to mimic the candy bar for these Snicker cookies.
- Shortcut Tip: Make dough ahead of time and keep in the fridge prior to baking for hot cookies.
- Drizzle: Once your cookies chill, fancy them up with drizzles of dark, white or milk chocolate on top.
- Alternate Ingredient: Feel free to use milk chocolate or dark chocolate chips in your cookies if you prefer.
- Alternate Cooking Method: These cookies can be baked in your air fryer if your oven is tied up. They come out great.
- Chilled Dough as Cookies will Spread: If you have time, store your dough in the fridge before baking, as these cookies tend to keep their shape better after you chilled the dough. If they aren’t chilled, the cookies spread too much.
- In a small bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla to creamed sugar and butter mixture.
- Gradually add flour to creamed mixture.
- Stir in ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks and 2/3 cup of the pecans.
- Chop your candy bar pieces and mix into batter.
- Use a large cookie or ice cream scoop and place cookies 3” apart on parchment lined baking sheet as these will spread.
- Lightly press cookies to flatten. Press the reserved ½ cup chocolate chunks and reserved 1/3 chopped pecans into tops of cookies.
- Bake 14 minutes. Cookies should be slightly under baked.
- Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet. Transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Add Peanuts: If you do not want pecans, you can add peanuts to mimic the candy bar.
- Short cut tip: Make dough ahead of time and keep in the fridge until ready to bake for hot cookies.
- Drizzle: Fancy up your cookie with drizzles of dark, milk or white chocolate on top.
- Alternate ingredient:: Feel free to use milk chocolate or dark chocolate chunks in your cookies if you prefer.
- Alternate cooking method tip: These cookies can be baked in your air fryer if your oven is tied up. They come out great.
- Chilled dough: If you have time, chill your dough before baking as these cookies tend to keep their shape better.