These Restaurant-Style Black Beans are easy to make and packed with flavor and nutrients.
One of my son’s favorite restaurants is Moe’s Southwest Grill. It’s a fun place where they serve made-to-order southwest inspired foods.
My son loves their burritos. He always gets the same thing – chicken, black beans, rice, pico de gallo, sour cream and cheese on a whole wheat tortilla. I get pretty much the same thing, expect I also add lettuce and onions.
I have to admit, though, my favorite part is the black beans.
These are no ordinary, boring black beans. These are packed with flavor and texture.
They make a great side dish and are incredible when included in tacos, burritos, quesadillas or any recipe that calls for black beans.
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
- Copycat PF Chang Lettuce Wrap Recipe
- Easy Dessert Recipes
- 40+ Best Crock Pot Recipes
- 100+ Quick Dinner Ideas
Restaurant-Style Black Beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup onion finely minced
- 30 oz canned black beans
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- Heat olive oil in a sauce pan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and sautee for 5 minutes, or until soft and translucent.
- Add garlic and stir for 30 seconds - just until fragrant.
- Add beans (with liquid) and taco seasoning.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm.
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/