This Slow Cooker Lasagna is one of the best easy crock pot recipes. It’s pure comfort food without the fuss.
Lasagna is one one of those dishes that I save for Sundays – when I have plenty of time to fuss over it and then spend an hour baking it. The sheer notion of making pasta in the slow cooker fascinated me. Lasagna is supposed to be a labor of love. A dish that is painstakingly assembled, prepared and baked to bubbly perfection on a lazy weekend. Not one of my easy crock pot recipes that I set and forget!
The past few weeks I have really been putting my slow cooker to the test. Why not? It’s such a time saving option for busy weeknights. When I stumbled on this Slow Cooker Lasagna recipe, I knew I had to give it a try!
I would have guessed that the noodles would get all mushy and the whole thing would fall apart. Boy, was I wrong! This recipe was amazing! The noodles turned out perfect. The layers didn’t dry out. The cheese was melty. Pure lasagna perfection! And, on a weekday nonetheless!
The next time I make this recipe, I’m going to assemble everything the night before and then stash the slow cooker crock in the fridge. Then, when I’m ready to make it, I just need to put the crock in the cooker and turn it on. No muss. No fuss. Just layers and layers of lasagna goodness.
My Favorite Slow Cooker Tools
- My favorite slow cooker
- My favorite casserole slow cooker
- Disposable slow cooker liners (I can’t live without these!)
- Slow cooker travel bag
My Favorite Slow Cooker Cookbooks
- Slow Cooker Revolution
- Fix It and Forget It Big Cookbook
- The Magical Slow Cooker: Recipes for Busy Moms
Easy Crock Pot Recipes: Slow Cooker Lasagna
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 pounds lean ground beef
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 (23.5 oz) jars pasta sauce
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 16 lasagna noodles, uncooked and broken in half length-wise
- 36 slices of pepperoni
- Nonstick cooking spay
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet until shimmering.
- Add onion and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and ground beef, season with salt and pepper.
- Brown the ground beef until no longer pink.
- Add pasta sauce to pan and simmer for five minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine 3 cups of mozzarella cheese, ricotta, Parmesan, eggs, Italian seasoning, parsley, salt and pepper (to taste) and mix well.
- Spray the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread a thin layer of the sauce mixture in the bottom of the slow cooker and top with one layer of lasagna noodles; You should be able to get 4 noodles broken in half across.
- Spread a layer of the cheese mixture across using a spatula or the back of a large spoon.
- Add a layer of the sauce mixture and 9 pieces of pepperoni.
- Top with four more noodles.
- Repeat until you have four layers, ending with pepperoni on top.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, sprinkle remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese on top.
- Leave uncovered and allow the cheese to melt.
- Once cheese has melted, turn off the slow cooker and allow the lasagna to set for about 10 minutes before serving.
Adapted from Rants from my Crazy Kitchen
FREE 10 Must Have Easy Recipes eBook!
Thank you so much for visiting It Is a Keeper! Make sure you grab your FREE eCookbook
10 Must Have Easy Recipes for Busy Cooks