This Mojito Moonshine recipe is a kicked up version of one of my favorite cocktails.
My favorite cocktail at the moment are Mojitos. I just love the combination of tart lime juice and fresh mint. There is nothing more refreshing.
A while back, I started making flavored moonshine. I started with this Apple Pie Moonshine and followed it up with this amazing Peach Moonshine. These cocktails are absolutely incredible!
Then I thought, why not try to make a Mojito Moonshine?! I made a big batch and took it to a family party.
This stuff was a huge hit! It’s got all of the flavor of traditional Mojitos but with a good, solid moonshine kick!
Just fill up a glass with ice, pour the ‘shine and add a slice of lime and a sprig of mint for garnish. You can even sugar the rim if you feel so inclined.
This recipe is very easy to make. Just be sure to factor in that you need to let it sit for a few weeks before you drink it. It needs time to mellow out and become one with the cranberries. Patience, friends. It’s worth the wait. I promise.
A word of warning…use caution when drinking this cocktail. It is extremely potent. It’s best to start with a small glass and sip it slowly. It can hit you pretty hard.
Looking for More Flavored Moonshine Recipes?
Looking for more? Check out all of the Homemade Moonshine Recipes on It Is a Keeper.
Items You Need to Make Everclear Moonshine Recipes
⭐⭐⭐ RATE THIS RECIPE ⭐⭐⭐
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it in the comment section below.
- 1 bunch of mint
- 2 59 oz containers limeade
- 375 ml Everclear (191 proof) grain alcohol
- 1 cup light rum
- 1 batch simple syrup recipe included
- 3 limes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 bunch of mint roughly chopped or broken into large chunks
- In a small saucepan, add sugar, water and mint; bring to a boil.
- Boil for 5 minutes or until sugar has dissolved.
- Allow to cool.
- Strain mint pieces from liquid before using.
- In a large stock pot or container add the mint and use the handle of a wooden spoon to smash or muddle it to release the oils.
- Add limeade, Everclear, rum and simple syrup.
- Add the juice of 3 limes and the lime halves to the container.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator for 3 days.
- After 3 days, remove moonshine and strain out the limes and mint pieces.
- Ladle moonshine into clean mason jars, leaving a ½ inch head.
- Place lids on jars and allow to sit in a cool, dry place for 1 month before enjoying.
- Please enjoy responsibly.
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/