If you like Pina Coladas, you’ll love Pineapple Fluff. The combination of tropical flavors and the creamy and crunchy makes this addicting. This light and refreshing dessert is the perfect ending to any meal or for a potluck.
It uses simple ingredients that are easy to find and takes just a few minutes to whip up. It’s one of my favorite dessert recipes that I’m sure you can’t wait to try.
This creamy Pineapple Fluff is seriously so good as it is refreshing and light but packed with so many flavors and textures. Pineapple fluff with pretzels will be a crowd pleaser and is perfect to make for Easter Sunday, a spring BBQ or potlucks. This easy pineapple fluff dessert is always a hit. It makes the perfect sweet treat or can be served as a side.
And the cherry on top is that is this is so easy to make can prepared in 15 minutes. It’s the perfect side dish or dessert that is bursting with pineapple flavor when you want something sweet.
For more Easter treats to share with your family this holiday, check out this recipe collection.
MORE PINEAPPLE RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
What We Love About Pineapple Pretzel Fluff
- 15 Minute Prep: This pineapple dessert salad comes together in less than 15 minutes and then requires chill time.
- No Bake: Who doesn’t love no bake desserts, this easy desserts doesn’t require you to turn on the oven.
- Adaptable: Use your favorite flavor of pineapple and add topping of your choice to make this recipe yours.
- Canned Pineapple: Though the recipe recommends crushed pineapple, you can also use pineapple tidbits or pineapple chunks in this recipe depending on how much texture you want. Just remember to get it in juice and not in syrup as syrup would make everything overly sweet and heavy.
- Cool Whip: Use the name brand or generic store brand. You can also substitute by making homemade whipped cream.
Variations and Substitutions
- Nuts – If pecans are not your favorite nut, swap the coarsely chopped pecans for pistachios, walnuts, almonds or whatever floats your boat.
- Healthier – There are couple swap you can make to make this recipe healthier, such as subbing sugar free pudding for the instant vanilla pudding, low fat whipped topping, or switch the pudding for yogurt or cottage cheese.
- Pina Colada – To give this a stronger pina colada taste add rum extract and coconut extracts. I used vanilla pudding in this recipe, however you could use coconut pudding instead.
How to Make Pineapple Fluff with Pretzels
These are the basic steps for making this easy Pineapple Fluff. Please refer to the printable recipe card below for more detailed instructions.
STEP 1: MAKE THE PUDDING
In a big bowl, combine the vanilla instant pudding mix along with the undrained pineapple chunks and the juice from the can until it’s well combined. Stir together until no clumps remain in the mixture. Next use a rubber spatula to gently fold in the cool whip, do not over mix.
STEP 2: ADD MARSHMALLOWS
Then add the mini marshmallows, coconut shreds, and chopped nuts to the pudding and cool whip mixture, gently stir to combine into the fluffy pineapple mixture. Refrigerator for 2-4 hours to allow the fluff salad to set and the marshmallows to soften, while in the fridge it will bring together all the flavors.
STEP 3: ADD PRETZELS AND SERVE
When you are ready to serve the fruit fluff salad, mix in the chopped and crushed pretzels. If you add them in sooner they will get soggy. Other toppings you could add include: maraschino cherries, mandarin oranges, graham cracker crumbs, Nilla wafers, etc. It’s best to cover and refrigerate and chill for at least one hour or so before serving. You could garnish this salad with toasted coconut or pretzels but I would add those right before serving.
Prep and Storage Tips
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE AHEAD OF TIME
Store pineapple fluff salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Any longer and the marshmallows will become too mushy.
HOW TO STORE THIS RECIPE
Store leftover fruit fluff salad in an air tight container in the fridge for 3-4 days, do note that after 3 days the marshmallows will begin to get sticky.
HOW TO FREEZE THIS RECIPE
Freeze in airtight container or freezer safe bag for up to 3 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you want to make this recipe a bit healthier, you yogurt instead. I would recommend using a vanilla or coconut flavored yogurt.
Easily double or half this recipe, just proportionally increase or decrease the ingredients.
In a total of 8 cups of fruit fluff salad there are 529 calories total.
Expert Tips for Making This Pineapple Fluff Recipe
- Chill Time: It is important to allocate time for the pineapple fluff with pretzels to chill in the fridge. I recommend to store covered for at least 2 hours and even overnight. It really is more flavorful the longer it sits! It’s best when made a few hours before serving.
- Homemade Whipped Cream: Homemade whipped cream is so easy to make and uses minimal ingredients, if you would like swap the cool whip and make your own, use this recipe from Lemon Tree Dwelling. Or try a coconut cream topping for this side dish.
- Don’t Over Mix: Do not use an electric mixer, when you are folding the whipped cream into the pudding mix, it is crucial that you fold gently and don’t over mix as it will cause this pineapple pretzel fluff to loss some of its airiness, resulting in a heavier and denser consistency.
- Cream cheese adds extra creaminess too.
What to Serve with Pineapple Fluff
Did you try this recipe?
⭐ Click below to leave a review and rating! ⭐
- 6.8 ounce vanilla instant pudding mix, 2 boxes
- 40 ounce crushed pineapple in juice, 2 cans, do NOT drain the juice
- 8 ounce Cool Whip
- 10 ounce mini marshmallows
- 1 ½ cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup chopped pretzels, plus more for topping
- Combine the pudding mix with the pineapple and its juice in a large mixing bowl until it thickens into pudding. Make sure there are no more clumps of powder remain in the mixture.
- Next, with a rubber spatula fold in the cool whip until fully combined, be careful not to making to overmix.
- Then add the mini marshmallows, coconut shreds, and chopped nuts to the pudding mixture mix in gently.
- Refrigerator for 2-4 hours to allow the fluff salad to set and the marshmallows to soften, while in the fridge it will bring together all the flavors.
- When you are serve mix in the chopped pretzels. If you at them in prior they will get soggy.
- Garnish with more toppings if desired and serve chilled.
- Chill Time: It is important to allocate time for the pineapple fluff with pretzels to chill in the fridge. I recommend at least 2 hours and even overnight. It really is more flavorful the longer it sits!
- Homemade Whipped Cream: Homemade whipped cream is so easy to make and uses minimal ingredients, if you could like swap the cool whip and make your own, use this recipe from Lemon Tree Dwelling.
- Don’t Over Mix: When you are folding the whipped cream into the pudding mix, it is crucial that you fold gently and don’t over mix as it will cause this pineapple pretzel fluff to loss some of its airiness, resulting in a heavier and denser consistency.