This Skinny Margarita is one of my favorite simple cocktail recipes.
I love margaritas in the summertime (or anytime, really), but I don’t love all of the sugar and excess calories that are usually associated with them. The typical skinny versions of margaritas sound great in theory, but since most rely on artificial sweeteners, a lot of people don’t like how they taste.
As always, I’m all about keeping things good and simple, so my spin on a skinny margarita is a no-fuss, natural cocktail that delivers the refreshing tang of a margarita without all of the guilt. If you’re a margarita purist, this cocktail might not be exactly what you’re expecting. However, if you’re looking for a delicious, refreshing summer cocktail that you don’t need to feel bad about drinking, then you definitely need to try this!
It only requires four ingredients, and you can easily make it in any flavor you desire.
The special twist comes in the form of Italian soda—the kind that’s sold in larger bottles and often comes in unique flavors, from grapefruit to prickly pear (one of my personal favorites). With only 1/2 cup of soda in each drink, it gives the right amount of sweetness without being overpowering.
If you’re having a summer BBQ or get-together, this is a great drink to serve to guests. You can quickly and easily create a “skinny margarita bar.” Just set out a variety of flavored Italian sodas, along with the other necessary ingredients and some instructions, and let your guests make their own personalized drinks to their liking.
Do you have a favorite light summer cocktail? If so, please tell us about it in the comments! And if you try this recipe, please let us know which flavor is your favorite.
Be sure to follow my blog Good. Simple. if you like recipes with simple ingredients that taste fantastic!
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPE.
Here are some other recipes you may like:
More Margarita Recipes You’ll Love
Choose-Your-Flavor Skinny Margaritas
- 1.5 oz tequila
- 1/2 lime
- 1/2 cup Italian soda of your choice
- 1/3 cup club soda or sparkling water
- Pour tequila over ice into a glass. Squeeze the juice from 1/2 a lime into the glass. Top off with Italian soda and club soda.
- You can use any flavor of Italian soda you like, but some favorites to try are: grapefruit, mango, lemon-lime and raspberry.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.