This Classic Mojito is one of my favorite simple cocktail recipes.
I love Mojitos. They are definitely my cocktail of choice. Mojitos are a Cuban cocktail that combines lime, mint and rum. There is just something about the combination of tart lime and cool mint. If you’ve never tried one, you simply must. They are delicious!
Classic Mojitos are very easy to make. Simply place the mint leaves in the bottom of a glass and use the handle of a wooden spoon to bruise them. This is called muddling. You don’t want to mangle the leaves, just bruise them a bit to release the minty flavor.
Next, you add the lime juice and sugar and stir to dissolve the sugar. Easy right?! Next you add the rum and give everything a good stir. The last step is to top it all off with ice and seltzer.
I like to remove the mint leaves before drinking, but that’s just my personal preference (not the norm).
I recently tried Vintage Seltzer and I love the effervescent bubbles. I found Vintage Seltzer is the beverage aisle of my grocery store. It comes in 1 liter or 12 pack cans.
I prefer to purchase cans because then I can use what I need without the rest going flat before I use it again. Plus, the cans fit nicely in my small beverage refrigerator.
Not only is Vintage Seltzer great to add to cocktails and mocktails, but it’s a refreshing beverage to drink on its own. And, because its made with natural flavors and no artificial flavors, added color or dyes, sugar or high fructose corn syrup, it’s a better option for you. It also has very low sodium, which I really like.
Vintage Seltzer comes in 10 great flavors, including: Original, Lemon-Lime, Mandarin Orange, Lemon, Lime, Pomegranate, Seedless Watermelon, Raspberry, Raspberry – Lime and Wild Cherry. With all of these great flavors there are so many options — not just beverages. You can even cook and bake with Vintage Seltzer.
You can snag a coupon for $1 off of a 12 pack here. Follow Vintage Seltzer on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram! Users who tag @DrinkVintage on Instagram will receive a $1 off coupon! Check to see which stores near you offer Vintage Seltzer.
If you like this recipe, make sure you sign up for It Is a Keeper’s email newsletter! You’ll receive a FREE Kitchen Cheat Sheet Printable as a thank you!
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPE.
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
Simple Cocktail Recipes: Classic Mojito
- 6 leaves mint
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon superfine sugar
- 2 fluid ounces white rum
- Place mint leaves in the bottom of the glass and bruise slightly with the handle of a wooden spoon. Add the lime juice and sugar; mix until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the rum and stir until combined.
- Fill the glass halfway with ice and top with seltzer.
- Garnish with lime wedges and mint leaves.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.