This Classic Mojito is one of my favorite simple cocktail recipes.
I love Mojitos. They are definitely my cocktail of choice. Mojitos are a Cuban cocktail that combines lime, mint and rum. There is just something about the combination of tart lime and cool mint. If you’ve never tried one, you simply must. They are delicious!
Classic Mojitos are very easy to make. Simply place the mint leaves in the bottom of a glass and use the handle of a wooden spoon to bruise them. This is called muddling. You don’t want to mangle the leaves, just bruise them a bit to release the minty flavor.
Next, you add the lime juice and sugar and stir to dissolve the sugar. Easy right?! Next you add the rum and give everything a good stir. The last step is to top it all off with ice and seltzer.
I like to remove the mint leaves before drinking, but that’s just my personal preference (not the norm).
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
Simple Cocktail Recipes: Classic Mojito
- Cocktail Shaker
- 6 leaves mint
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon superfine sugar
- 2 fluid ounces white rum
- Place mint leaves in the bottom of the glass and bruise slightly with the handle of a wooden spoon. Add the lime juice and sugar; mix until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the rum and stir until combined.
- Fill the glass halfway with ice and top with seltzer.
- Garnish with lime wedges and mint leaves.