This Jerk Salmon and Sweet Potatoes make a great and tasty dinner!
Hello again! This is Clare from Happy Eater, and I’ve got a great recipe to share with you today. This jerk salmon and sweet potatoes recipe came about when I was trying to come up with a jerk salmon recipe and had way too much seasoning left over. Instead of cutting the proportions, I decided to add the remaining seasoning to mashed sweet potatoes. The result was a deliciously seasoned meal that is sure to make you one happy eater!
You can make this recipe in the oven or on the grill. Because we’re still in the thick of summer, I suggest using the grill and not heating up your home!
Salmon and sweet potatoes are a natural pairing! What are some of your favorite food combos?
Here are some other recipes you may like:
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
Jerk Salmon & Sweet Potatoes
Jerk Salmon and Sweet Potatoes
- 1 pound salmon filets
- 1.5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place potatoes in a stockpot and fill with water; water should come to an inch over the potatoes.
- Bring water to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Let potatoes simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until they can be easily pierced with a fork.
- While potatoes are cooking, combine cinnamon with next 8 seasonings in a pinch bowl and mix well.
- Pour lemon juice evenly over salmon filets.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of seasoning mix over salmon, coating evenly. Set remaining seasoning mix aside.
- Bake salmon for 12 minutes at 400. Then, switch oven to broil and cook for 3 more minutes.
- While salmon is baking, place cooked sweet potatoes into a large mixing bowl. Add butter and coconut milk. Mash until smooth
- Add remaining seasoning mix to mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Serve potatoes and salmon with mixed greens and enjoy!
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/