Looking for healthy lunchbox ideas? These turkey lunch box kabobs are easy to make and kids love them! Get all of my ideas for variations here.
Can anyone tell me where the summer went? The last time I looked it was July 4th, now the end of August is rearing it’s ugly head. This summer just seemed to fly by.
Now that the back-t0-school season is upon us, we’re back to early bed times, soccer practice and packing lunch boxes.
If your little ones are bored with traditional sandwiches, try putting the sandwich on a stick! I know that my son will anything if I put it on a stick.
These Lunch Box Kabobs are super easy to make and can even be assembled the night before. They are also completely customizable. Try some of these other combinations:
- Turkey and Cooper cheese with cucumbers
- Salami and provolone with bell peppers
- Chicken and Monterey Jack cheese with pickles
- Roast beef and Swiss with olives
The possibilities are endless!
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Ham and Cheese Appetizer Skewers
- 12 inch chunks of cheddar cheese, about 1
- 12 slices deli ham
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- Place one cherry tomato on a wooden skewer and slide it near one end.
- Add 3 pieces of ham and 3 pieces of cheese, alternating as you go.
- Top off the skewer with a cherry tomato.
- Add Different Ingredients: Artichoke hearts, green olives, black olives or hot peppers can be great on these skewers.
- Vegetables: Different varieties of grape tomatoes, peppers such as red peppers, green peppers, etc are also a great touch.
- Variation tip: Mini meatballs and cheese make a wonderful appetizer skewer.
- Alternate ingredients for Kabobs: Examples such as :Turkey and Cooper cheese with cucumbers, Salami and provolone with bell peppers, Chicken and Monterey Jack cheese with pickles or Roast beef and Swiss with olives.