This crustless Bacon and Spinach Quiche recipe is perfect for breakfast, brunch or dinner! And, it’s made with bacon – BONUS!
I’m a huge fan of brunch. There’s no other meal where it’s acceptable to have shrimp cocktail, waffles and dessert. Plus there’s all the fruit and don’t forget the Mimosas.
Hi! It’s Susanne from New South Charm back with another great recipe. This month I’m sharing a great idea for Easter (or anytime) Brunch.
One of the things I love to do on holidays is make brunch for my family. For Valentine’s Day this year I made breakfast in bed for my husband. Who doesn’t love have their favorite breakfast served to them in bed?
This year for Easter my parents are coming over to our house after church for brunch. I’m planning for this Bacon and Spinach Crustless Quiche to be the star of the meal. I just know everyone is going to love how savory this is.
If you’ve never made a quiche before it can seem a little intimidating. This version, crustless, takes the intimidation factor way down. Plus, with this version there are fewer calories.
When I make this quiche I buy a bag of spinach because it’s the just the right amount. Also since the stems are already removed it’s a good timesaver. Before using I rinse the spinach throughly and then dry it in my salad spinner.
If you scrolled down looked at the recipe first you might have noticed that it calls for Gruyere cheese. If you want to swap it out for a less expensive cheese I recommend Swiss. They are both mild, white cheese with similar flavor. If you’re lucky then your grocery store will carry Swiss cheese that’s already shredded another great timesaver.
Do you like to have breakfast foods for other meals than breakfast? Are you a fan of brunch or even breakfast for dinner?
Crustless Bacon and Spinach Quiche
Crustless Quiche with Bacon and Spinach
- 6 Eggs
- 10 ounces Bacon, diced
- 1 Small onion, sliced
- 10 ounces Spinach, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups Gruyere or Swiss cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan, grated
- 2 cups Heavy cream
- All Purpose Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350º
- In a skillet over medium heat cook bacon until crispy. Remove bacon from skillet and drain excess grease from pan.
- Return skillet to heat and add onions into skillet. Cook until tender and set aside. Add spinach to skillet and cook until wilted; about five minutes.
- In a large bowl whisk together six eggs. Add two cups cream and whisk until well combined. Add in cheese, onions, bacon. Stir until well mixed.
- Transfer mixture to a skillet or pie plate that’s been prepared with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 350º for 30-45 minutes, until the edges are lightly browned and the middle is set.
- Add Different Cheese: Swiss cheese, cheddar cheese, mozzarella or feta.
- Nutmeg: Finish with a dash of fresh nutmeg it makes this recipe a classics.
- Variation tip: Feel free to use low fat dairy to make it a little healthier.
- Alternate ingredient: Try using ham or breakfast sausage for your quiche.
- Alternate cooking method tip: Make in the air fryer at 325 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Dietary consideration tip: Vegetarian bacon, sausage or other meats can be used for this recipe it tastes great.
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/