This Broccoli Salad with Bacon and Cheese is one of the best easy salad recipes.
A cookout isn’t a cookout without a great selection of summer side salads. After all, you need to have something to go along with the burgers and other grilled goodies.
One of my all time favorite summer side salads is this Broccoli Salad with Bacon and Cheese.
This salad has everything going on. Crunchy broccoli, salty bacon, sharp cheese and the creamy, dreamy dressing. Pile it high in the bowl because this stuff seems to fly off the table.
More Salad Recipes You Might Like
Looking for more? Check out all of the summer recipes dinner on It Is a Keeper.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Broccoli Bacon Salad
- 6 cups broccoli, cut into florets
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and diced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2/3 cups mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/8 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon House Seasoning Blend
- Add Crunch: Sunflower seeds or crushed walnuts add a nice crunch to the veggies.
- Short cut tip: Precut bagged broccoli can be used to save time.
- Variations: Raisins or dried cranberries or even grapes can be used to add a sweet taste.
- Alternate ingredient: Cauliflower can be added to the salad for color and flavor.
- Alternate cooking method tip: Par boil the broccoli in a pot with a little salt and then blanch for a softer broccoli for the salad.
- Dietary consideration tip: Plain greek yogurt can replace the mayo.