This Gnocchi Parmesan Garlic Sauce is one of my all-time favorite easy gnocchi recipes. It’s ready in 16 minutes so keep it in your quick cooking arsenal!
Gnocchi Parmesan Garlic Sauce
It was one of those nights. I got home from work late. I hadn’t been to the butcher so we didn’t have any meat. I was at a loss for dinner.
The natives were getting restless. I found myself standing in front of the pantry staring blankly into the abyss. Nothing in there inspired me. Maybe there was something in the fridge.
I found a package of pre-made gnocchi. Hmmm…that had possibilities. I found some leftover heavy cream and the last bit of broccoli in the produce drawer. OK. I can see this coming together. Ohh! A hunk of parmesan cheese. I think I’ve got something here.
Gnocchi cream sauce recipe for the win! Ding. Ding. We have a winner!
My 5-year old gave this recipe two thumbs up! He (and we) absolutely loved it. He actually ate two helpings. I loved that he was gobbling up the broccoli, although I have no idea where he put all of the gnocchi.
This was a perfect mid-week, meatless meal. And, the whole thing came together in just 16 minutes. You can’t beat that after a long day at work.
I’ll bet this sauce would be great over ravioli too. I’ll have to try that next time. Actually, it would probably be great over any kind of pasta. And, you could even add chicken or shrimp if you wanted to add some protein.
Super fast. Super yummy. My son keeps asking to have it again so, I guess it’s a keeper!
PS…Note to self…when scribbling down recipes as you’re making them, do not write them on red paper in pencil. It makes it nearly impossible to read!
More Quick and Easy Recipes You Might Like
Looking for more? Check out all of the Quick Easy Recipes for Dinner on It Is a Keeper.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Potato Gnocchi in a Parmesan Cream Sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 8 oz heavy cream (whole milk works too)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound gnocchi cooked according to package directions
- 2 cups broccoli florets steamed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare gnocchi according to package directions.
- Steam the broccoli in the same pot as the gnocchi, while it's cooking.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large saute pan over medium-low heat.
- Add garlic and saute for one minute, or until fragrant.
- Stir in flour for one minute.
- Add cream and whisk until combined.
- Let the sauce thicken over medium-low heat, whisking periodically for about 5-10 minutes.
- Once sauce is thickened, add Parmesan cheese and stir until combined.
- Add the cooked gnocchi and broccoli and stir until combined.
- Top with extra grated Parmesan.
- Grate: If you can grate your own fresh parmesan, it really takes amazing.
- No Broccoli: Peas, asparagus or mushrooms work great.
- Variation tip: Leftover meat? Add your leftover chicken, beef or sausage.
- Alternate ingredient: If you like a little seasoning, add my HOUSE SEASONING BLEND or alternatively, add a little heat with some red pepper flake.
- Cheese Gnocchi: If you do not have or like potato gnocchi, try cheese gnocchi or an alternate pasta you have on hand. this Parmesan cream sauce is great on anything.
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/