This Gnocchi Parmesan Garlic Sauce is one of my all-time favorite easy gnocchi recipes. It’s ready in 16 minutes so keep it in your quick cooking arsenal!
Gnocchi Parmesan Garlic Sauce
It was one of those nights. I got home from work late. I hadn’t been to the butcher so we didn’t have any meat. I was at a loss for dinner.
The natives were getting restless. I found myself standing in front of the pantry staring blankly into the abyss. Nothing in there inspired me. Maybe there was something in the fridge.
I found a package of pre-made gnocchi. Hmmm…that had possibilities. I found some leftover heavy cream and the last bit of broccoli in the produce drawer. OK. I can see this coming together. Ohh! A hunk of parmesan cheese. I think I’ve got something here.
Gnocchi cream sauce recipe for the win! Ding. Ding. We have a winner!
My 5-year old gave this recipe two thumbs up! He (and we) absolutely loved it. He actually ate two helpings. I loved that he was gobbling up the broccoli, although I have no idea where he put all of the gnocchi.
This was a perfect mid-week, meatless meal. And, the whole thing came together in just 16 minutes. You can’t beat that after a long day at work.
I’ll bet this sauce would be great over ravioli too. I’ll have to try that next time. Actually, it would probably be great over any kind of pasta. And, you could even add chicken or shrimp if you wanted to add some protein.
Super fast. Super yummy. My son keeps asking to have it again so, I guess it’s a keeper!
PS…Note to self…when scribbling down recipes as you’re making them, do not write them on red paper in pencil. It makes it nearly impossible to read!
More Quick and Easy Recipes You Might Like
Looking for more? Check out all of the Quick Easy Recipes for Dinner on It Is a Keeper.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Gnocchi and Parmesan Garlic Sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 8 oz heavy cream - (whole milk works too)
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 pound gnocchi - cooked according to package directions
- 2 cups broccoli florets - steamed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare gnocchi according to package directions.
- Steam the broccoli in the same pot as the gnocchi, while it's cooking.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large saute pan over medium-low heat.
- Add garlic and saute for one minute, or until fragrant.
- Stir in flour for one minute.
- Add cream and whisk until combined.
- Let the sauce thicken over medium-low heat, whisking periodically for about 5-10 minutes.
- Once sauce is thickened, add Parmesan cheese and stir until combined.
- Add the cooked gnocchi and broccoli and stir until combined.
- Top with extra grated Parmesan.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.