This is one of the best Pumpkin Poke Cake recipes you will ever try! It’s light, flavorful and oh, so moist.
Over the past few months, I’ve tried lots of pumpkin poke cakes but this one came out on top as one of the best Pumpkin Poke Cake recipes. It’s so good, in fact, that I’ve included it on my list of the best Thanksgiving recipes ever.
I’m going out on a limb to say that this cake is magical! It is so moist and light with full on pumpkin flavor oozing from every nook and cranny.
It starts with an ordinary boxed cake mix and then I added some extra flavors to kick it up a bit. Not only does the pumpkin add extra flavor, but it also ensures that the cake stays fluffy and moist.
Once the cake is baked, I covered it in holes using the end of a wooden spoon. This ensures that that the holes in this spice pumpkin poke cake have enough room to hold all of the sweet, pumpkin flavored mixture that we’re going to slather on top.
The mixture uses a combination of sweetened condensed milk and my Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix. When you see how easy pumpkin pie spice is to make at home, you won’t want to buy the pre-made stuff again.
This luscious concoction is poured all over the top of the still warm cake and slides down into all of the holes you poked into the top. You can almost see the deliciousness taking shape.
After the cake completely cools and chills for a bit, you can spread a thick, pillowy layer of whipped topping (or whipped cream, whichever you prefer) on top. Then, to top it all off, you sprinkle a healthy amount of the homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix all over the top.
The last thing to do is sink your fork right into a big ol piece! Once you try this recipe, you’ll have to agree that it’s one of the best Pumpkin Poke Cake recipes out there.
Tips for Making this Pumpkin Poke Cake Recipe
- Carefully mix the cake mixture taking care not to overmix the batter (overmixing makes a tough cake).
- When the cake is done baking, allow it to cool for 5-10 minutes. You want to poke the holes and pour the mixture on top while it’s warm but not hot.
- When making the mixture to pour over the top of the cake, you can add the Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix right to the open can of sweetened condensed milk. There’s no need to dirty unnecessary dishes.
- Allow the cake to fully cool before you add the whipped topping or whipped cream. If the cake is still warm, the cream will start break down.
- Store any uneaten cake in the refrigerator.
Looking for More Pumpkin Recipes
Items You Need to Make This Recipe
Get INSTANT ACCESS to my FREE eCookbook: The Best Easy Recipes.
Sign up to receive a FREE eCookbook, available exclusively to subscribers!