This is one of the best Pumpkin Poke Cake recipes you will ever try! It’s light, flavorful and oh, so moist.
Over the past few months, I’ve tried lots of pumpkin poke cakes but this one came out on top as one of the best Pumpkin Poke Cake recipes. It’s so good, in fact, that I’ve included it on my list of the best Thanksgiving recipes ever.
I’m going out on a limb to say that this cake is magical! It is so moist and light with full on pumpkin flavor oozing from every nook and cranny.
It starts with an ordinary boxed cake mix and then I added some extra flavors to kick it up a bit. Not only does the pumpkin add extra flavor, but it also ensures that the cake stays fluffy and moist.
Once the cake is baked, I covered it in holes using the end of a wooden spoon. This ensures that that the holes in this spice pumpkin poke cake have enough room to hold all of the sweet, pumpkin flavored mixture that we’re going to slather on top.
The mixture uses a combination of sweetened condensed milk and my Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix. When you see how easy pumpkin pie spice is to make at home, you won’t want to buy the pre-made stuff again.
This luscious concoction is poured all over the top of the still warm cake and slides down into all of the holes you poked into the top. You can almost see the deliciousness taking shape.
After the cake completely cools and chills for a bit, you can spread a thick, pillowy layer of whipped topping (or whipped cream, whichever you prefer) on top. Then, to top it all off, you sprinkle a healthy amount of the homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix all over the top.
The last thing to do is sink your fork right into a big ol piece! Once you try this recipe, you’ll have to agree that it’s one of the best Pumpkin Poke Cake recipes out there.
And, make sure you check my Carrot Cake Poke Cake recipe, too! It’s so easy and so good!
⭐⭐⭐ RATE THIS RECIPE ⭐⭐⭐
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it in the comment section below.
Pumpkin Poke Cake
- 1 15.25 spice cake mix
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice plus more for topping
- 8 oz whipped topping thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 cake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add cake mix, pumpkin and milk to bowl and mix until combined.
- Transfer mixture to prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a stick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- All cake to cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add pumpkin pie spice to sweetened condensed milk and stir to combine.
- When cake has cooled slightly, use the handle of a wooden spoon to poke holes all over the top of the cake.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk mixture over the top of the cake allowing it to seep into the holes. Use a spatula to spread the mixture into the holes if needed.
- Allow cake to cool completely.
- Top with whipped topping and sprinkle additional pumpkin pie spice over the top of the cake.
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/