This easy lemon cake recipe has only two simple ingredients.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy dessert, this Easy Lemon Cake recipe is the perfect solution! It has only 2 easy ingredients and is ready in no time.
I am the self-proclaimed Queen of Easy Desserts. I’m all about delicious sweet treats that are cinch to make, take no time at all to bake or (and this is my favorite) are no bake! This No Bake Butterfinger Pie is one of the most popular recipes on my website.
This incredible Easy Lemon Cake recipe isn’t a no bake recipe, but that’s OK because it has only two ingredients. Two! It really doesn’t get much easier than that. I just love recipes that only have a few simple ingredients – like this 2 Ingredient Fruit Dip.
The basis of this recipe is a boxed angel food cake mix. Hey, I’m keeping it real, because sometimes we just don’t have time for all of the ingredients and measuring that goes into a cake made from scratch.
Don’t get me wrong. I love making desserts from scratch too. My homemade Chocolate Cake recipe is one of my all time favorite desserts. But these easy Angel Food Lemon Bars fit the bill when I want something sweet without the effort.
I don’t know if you want to call this a lemon cake or lemon bars. It doesn’t rise as high as a traditional cake, so in that respect they’re more like Angel Food Lemon Bars. But the super moist texture makes me think it could be considered a 2 ingredient lemon angel food cake. Potato (po-tay-to), potato (po-tah-to). It’s up to you as to what you want to call them.
Tips for Making this Easy Lemon Cake Recipe
- Make sure you grease your baking dish so the2 ingredient Lemon Angel Food Cake comes out easily and don’t stick. You can use butter, but if you’re lazy like me, you can give it a good coating of non-stick cooking spray.
- I love that you don’t need a mixer to make this easy Lemon Cake recipe. All you need is a bowl and a sturdy spatula.
- If you want to put a sprinkling of powdered sugar on top (because why not?!), make sure the Angle Food Lemon Bars have cooled completely. Otherwise, the sugar will melt right into the cake.
Items You Need to Make This Recipe
More Lemon Desserts You’ll Love
Easy Lemon Cake Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13 rectangular baking dish or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together cake mix and pie filling until fully combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before dusting with confectioners sugar.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.