Deviled Eggs with Relish is traditional southern recipe that is a true classic. It is one of the most popular appetizer/side dishes on any buffet table. This easy recipe has the perfect balance of sweetness, tanginess and creaminess.
These Deviled Eggs with Relish are so tasty. I can make dozens of them expecting to have leftovers for later and it just never happens. Seriously, not one left.
It is beyond hard to believe that the Deviled Egg has been around since ancient Rome, however my favorite variety is definitely this Southern deviled egg recipe. Find out more here.
If you like quick and easy appetizers, check this link for more.
MORE EASY APPETIZER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
What We Love About This Recipe
This Deviled Egg with Relish recipes is such a hit because it is a true classic. They come out perfect every time and bring smiles to the faces of all who try them.
- 15 Minute Appetizer: Quick, easy and so delicious to make these deviled eggs southern style.
- Simple Ingredients: Just hard boiled eggs,sour cream,mayonnaise,sweet pickle relish,dijon mustard,cayenne, House Seasoning Blend,Pickle slices, pimento or parsley for garnish.
- Family Friendly: This recipe is always a crowd pleaser and such a healthy meal.
- Adaptable: Can make it low-carb, or use different spices or toppings.
- Hard Boiled Eggs: Store bought, or boil your own large eggs.
- Sour Cream: Adds a tang to the deviled eggs for easter or other occasion.
- Mayonnaise: Whichever brand you prefer.
- Sweet Pickle Relish: It is a true southern staple in deviled eggs. Even dill relish is great.
- Dijon Mustard: A perfect compliment to the mayo for tasty deviled eggs.
- Cayenne pepper: Just a little bit of heat.
- House Seasoning Blend: So much better than just black pepper and salt. Check it out on my website.
- Food Processor
- Sharp Knife
- Piping Bag
How to Make Recipe for Southern Deviled Eggs
These are the basic steps for making recipe for southern deviled eggs. Please refer to the recipe card below for more detailed instructions.
STEP 1: BRIEF INSTRUCTION
First, peel eggs, slice eggs in half lengthwise. Next, remove yolks and transfer to the bowl of a food processor.
STEP 2: BRIEF INSTRUCTION
Then add mayonnaise, sour cream, Dijon mustard, cayenne and House Seasoning Blend.Blend until creamy and smooth.
STEP 3: BRIEF INSTRUCTION
Stir in sweet pickle relish.Transfer to a piping bag or zip-top bag and fill egg white halves with filling. Finally, top with garnish of choice.
Prep and Storage Tips for this Perfect Appetizer
HOW LONG ARE SOUTHERN DEVILED EGGS GOOD FOR
You should eat refrigerated deviled eggs within four days, according to the USDA, Once you take them out of the fridge, you should serve them within two hours and then discard.
HOW TO STORE THIS RECIPE
Really because they have mayo, these deviled eggs relish variety should be in the fridge cover eggs in plastic wrap or stored in an airtight container until ready to serve.
HOW TO MAKE HARD BOILED EGGS FOR THIS SOUTHERN DEVILED EGGS RECIPE
Frequently Asked Questions about Deviled Eggs with Relish
Try using an avocado mayo or other keto variety along with greek yogurt.
Of course, use your favorite variety in this recipe such as sweet pickles or
dill pickle relish. Even make your own relish recipe.
Indeed, just adjust the ingredients accordingly.
No you can use quail eggs or duck eggs for this recipe.
Expert Tips for Making This Recipe
- Older eggs: Try using older eggs they are better than fresh eggs. They work better and therefore don’t stick as much.
- Short cut tip: Buy pre cooked eggs from the supermarket or grocery store.
- Remember: Don’t forget running the eggs under cold water or placing them in an ice bath after cooking. Without a doubt, it helps the egg not adhere to the shell.
- Alternate Method: Cut in half through the middle, not long ways and cut a little off the bottom of the egg halves for a more cup like egg to place on your egg tray.
- Toppers: Get creative with fresh dill, parsley, caviar or bacon or a sprinkle of paprika.
- No Food processor: Simply mash egg yolks in a medium bowl to make this deviled egg mixture. Place mashed yolks into a pastry bag and pipe.
What to Serve with Southern Deviled Eggs with Relish
Did you try this recipe?
⭐ Click below to leave a review and rating! ⭐
Traditional Southern Deviled Eggs
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise.
- Remove yolks and transfer to the bowl of a food processor.
- Add mayonnaise, sour cream, dijon mustard, cayenne and House Seasoning Blend.
- Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Stir in sweet pickle relish.
- Transfer to a piping bag and fill egg white halves with filling.
- Top with garnish of choice.
- Older eggs: Try using older eggs. They work better and therefore don’t stick as much.
- Short cut tip: Buy pre cooked eggs from the supermarket.
- Remember: Don’t forget running the eggs under cold water or placing them in an iced bath after cooking. Without a doubt, it helps the egg not adhere to the shell.
- Alternate Method: Cut in half through the middle, not long ways and cut a little off the bottom for a more cup like egg
- Toppers: Get creative with fresh dill, parsley, caviar or bacon.
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/
This recipe is my personal adaption of an ethnic inspired recipe. It is not intended to be an authentic recipe. I’ve recreated this recipe because I enjoy the flavors and I want to encourage my readers to expand their tastes and try new flavor combinations. The recipe, ingredients and processes may have been adapted to make the recipe accessible for the average American. I have provided links to authentic versions of the recipe in the post above. I encourage you to visit these pages and learn more about the traditional version(s) of this recipe.
Recipes You Might Have Missed