These Strawberry Amaretto Pastries and light pillows filled with sweet, succulent strawberries. Pure heaven.
These Strawberry Amaretto Pastries combine two of my favorite flavors — strawberry and almond.
I can’t wait for the strawberry season this year. There is nothing like fresh strawberries still warm from the vine just bursting with flavor. I’m planning on picking a whole bunch so I can make lots of strawberry jam.
I’ll also be making these heavenly pastries. They are so elegant and delicious and a great alternative to strawberry shortcake.
This recipe looks incredibly decadent and fancy, yet it’s remarkably easy to make. There are toasted almonds baked into the light and puffy pastries and a light wisp of almond flavoring in the cream. It goes so nicely with the sweet berries.
This dish is simple enough to make and is impressive enough to serve guests!
Strawberry Amaretto Pastries
- 1/2 oz package frozen puff pastry sheets thawed, 17.3, 1 sheet
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds divided
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 oz container sour cream 8
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups Cool Whip thawed
- 12 large strawberries sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Unfold pastry dough onto baking sheet.
- Finely chop 1/2 of the almonds and mix with granulated sugar.
- Sprinkle evenly over dough and lightly press into dough.
- Cut dough lengthwise into three even strips; cut strips crosswise into three strips. You should have 12 squares of dough.
- Separate squares and place evenly over pan.
- Bake 16-18 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Remove to cooling rack and cool completely.
- Place remaining almonds into small saute pan and toast over medium-high heat until lightly toasted. Cool completely and coarsely chop.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sour cream, confectioner's sugar and almond extract.
- Gently fold in Cool Whip.
- Split open each pastry square; arrange half of the strawberries on the bottom of each shell.
- Top each with about 2 heaping tablespoons of the filling and sprinkle with chopped almonds.
- Top with remaining strawberries.
- Place tops of pastry shells over filling.
- Serve immediately.
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/