This easy Chocolate Bark is a great quick dessert recipe to have on hand. It will definitely satisfy your chocolate cravings!
Hey everyone, my name is Megan and I write over a NEPA MOM. I am a homeschooling mom of 5 who writes about making life easier for busy families with Tips, Recipes, Reviews, and More. I am so excited that Christina is letting me share one of my kid’s favorite snacks…and you won’t believe how easy it is!
My kids all love chocolate and who can blame them? What isn’t there to like about chocolate?
Every Christmas I make Peppermint Bark and it always gets gobbled up in no time. Well. as you all know Valentine’s Day is fast approaching and I decided to take our Christmas to treat and turn it into an Easy Valentine’s Day treat for the ones I love!
When I say this recipe is easy, I’m not kidding. It is super simple, the hardest part is waiting for it to harden in the freezer and it is easily customizable for any holiday or special occasion. You can also use white chocolate chips instead of or in addition to the chocolate chips and then just change out the toppings. Crushed peppermints work great for Christmas, green sprinkles are great for St. Patrick’s Day, spring color sprinkles are great for Easter…well you get the idea!
I hope you enjoy this simple treat as much as we do!
Want more Valentine’s Day Inspiration?
Make sure to whip up some Valentine’s Day Bark for those you love this Valentine’s Day!
What is your favorite quick dessert recipe? Leave me a comment below!
If you like this recipe, check out all of my quick dessert recipes.
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
- Easy Crock Pot Recipes
- 70+ Quick Dinner Ideas
Quick Dessert Recipe: Easy Chocolate Bark
Easy Valentine's Day Bark
- 2 bags of milk chocolate chips
- 1 tsp of vanilla OR Peppermint flavoring
- Sprinkles to decorate
- Line a large cookie tray with parchment paper or grease it lightly with Crisco
- Put the two bags of chocolate chips in a bowl and heat in microwave for about 1 minute and then stir well. If your chips are not melted then put back into the microwave in 20 second increments until smooth.
- Add 1 tsp of vanilla or peppermint (whichever your prefer) and mix well
- Spread mixture on the parchment paper leaving it thick
- Add sprinkles and decorations to the top of the chocolate
- Place cookie sheet in freezer and allow to harder for 30 minutes.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and enjoy!
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.