This Fresh Cranberry and Orange Relish is the perfect balance of sweet and tart. It’s easy to make and always on our holiday table. It’s definitely one of the best Thanksgiving recipes ever.
When most people think of Cranberry Sauce, they think of the stuff from the can (which I personally LOVE) or this easy cooked version. But, there’s another variety out there.
I’m not sure what the correct name is…cranberry salad or cranberry relish or cranberry sauce? But, whatever it is, this Fresh Cranberry and Orange Relish is a staple on all of our holiday menus. It starts with Thanksgiving and continues through the Christmas season. My mother-in-law is always in charge of making it, too.
The recipe is really quite simple — there are only a few easy to find ingredients.
Plus this Ocean Spray Cranberry Orange Relish comes together quickly. The best part about this recipe is you can make it a day or two in advance. The longer it sits, the better it tastes. The flavors really get a chance to combine together.
Recently, I made this Fresh Cranberry Relish Recipe on WNEP’s Home & Backyard program. You can watch the clip here.
One of my favorite ways to enjoy this recipe is in my easy Leftover Thanksgiving Panini. The sweet-tartness really adds great flavor. This truly is one of my favorite Easy Cranberry Relish recipes.
Tips for Making Fresh Cranberry and Orange Relish
- Using the meat grinder attachment for a Kitchen Aid stand mixer gives this Ocean Spray Cranberry Orange Relish the perfect texture.
- If you don’t have a stand mixer, a food processor works well too. You want to make sure everything is finely ground — no big chunks.
- You may need to adjust the sugar to your tastes. I start with a 1/2 cup and work my way up, testing as I go.
- You can add more sugar if you prefer a sweeter taste.
Make a Meal with this Ocean Spray Cranberry Orange Relish
Items You Need to Make This Fresh Cranberry Relish Recipe
More Recipes You Might Like
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Fresh Cranberry and Orange Relish
- 3 pounds Whole fresh cranberries
- 1 large orange - peeled
- 2 large apples - peeled
- 1 8.5 ounce can crushed pineapple - drained
- 1 cup sugar
- Grind cranberries, orange and apples using a meat grinder or food processor.
- Stir in sugar and pineapple.
- Additional sugar may be required depending on how tart the cranberries are.
- Stir to combine and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.