Fiesta Lime Chicken is tender and juicy with perfect Tex-Mex flair. This marinated chicken recipes has all the flavor and perfect atop the grill.
Why This Recipe for Fiesta Lime Chicken Works
Have you ever just stumbled across a recipe you can’t resist? This fiesta lime chicken is just that. After the first batch rolled out I knew this cilantro lime chicken marinade was a keeper! The flavor combination in this grilled chicken recipe is mouthwatering and you can easily marinade overnight for grilling the next day. Here are all my other favorite grilled chicken recipes you have to try.
How To Make Perfect Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken
Making the best cilantro lime grilled chicken is not all just in the marinade but also in technique. Use a meat thermometer to get chicken to 160 degrees, then remove from heat, cover and let rest for 10 min. I know, simple right. This is the key to locking in all of that good cilantro lime chicken flavor!
How to Make Cilantro Lime Chicken Marinade
For starters, you are gonna love the fact that this cilantro lime chicken marinade takes just minutes to make. To get started, combine soy sauce, honey, vegetable oil, lime juice, garlic, bell pepper and cilantro in a small bowl and mix it up until combined really well.
Season up the chicken breast with house seasoning blend and toss them and the marinade mixture into a gallon freezer bag. Now let the marinade do the work for at least 30 minutes! Toss over the grill and then enjoy. Seriously easy!
Expert Tips for Making Cilantro Lime Chicken Recipe
Making this Fiesta Lime Chicken is a cinch. Here are some expert tips to help you make it quickly and easily.
- Marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Use a meat thermometer for gauging the internal temperature, nobody likes undercooked chicken!
- Let it rest for 10 minutes before you serve!
- This recipe can easily be doubled or halved. Just adjust the serving size in the recipe card and the ingredient amounts will automatically update for you.
What to Serve with Cilantro Lime Chicken Recipes
Fiesta lime chicken is so good you will make it over and over. Cilantro lime chicken recipes are perfect in so many variations. The options are endless but here are a few favorites of mine!
- Chop it up as a salad topper.
- Use it for tacos or burritos.
- Serve it up with all your favorite grilled veggies as kabobs.
Tools Used to Make Fiesta Lime Chicken
Tongs: These tongs are my favorite for grilling chicken.
Mixing Bowls: Having these bowls on hand makes for quick marinade assembly.
Grill Brush: Keep your grill clean with a good grill brush like this one.
More Chicken Recipes You Might Like
Looking for more? Check out all of the grilled chicken recipes on It Is a Keeper.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Fiesta Lime Grilled Chicken
- Combine soy sauce, honey, vegetable oil, lime juice, garlic, bell pepper and cilantro in a small bowl; stir until combined.
- Transfer to a gallon sized zipper bag.
- Add chicken to zipper bag, seal and toss to coat all of the chicken in the marinade.
- Allow to marinate for 30 minutes to 3 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Grill chicken on each side for 6-8 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- Remove from heat, cover and allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.