This recipe is an oldie but goody! My mother in law gave me this recipe a while back and ever since, it’s a been one of my family’s favorites!
WATCH ME MAKE THIS RECIPE ON WNEP’S HOME & BACKYARD!
I can’t even begin to count how many times I’ve shared this recipe. My husband has been asking me to make this since the first berry turned blue this season. So I decided to surprise him when he got home from work last night!
There is just something about the combination of blueberry sauce with bursts of fresh berries mixed in. And the topping…well, that’s dreamy all by itself! No wonder this pie is called Blueberry Dream Pie!
My family loves any recipe with blueberries – especially my Perfect Blueberry Pie, this easy Blueberry Crumb Pie and my Best Blueberry Coffee Cake, but this Blueberry Dream Pie is right up there with their favorites!
Every time I bring this pie to a gathering, I’m always asked for the recipe. This is one of the most requested pies that I make. It’s right up there with my Chocolate Peanut Butter pie.
So, if you’re looking for something light, fresh and loaded with blueberries — this is the pie for you! Give it a try and let me know what you think!
More Blueberry Recipes
- Perfect Blueberry Pie
- Easy Blueberry Crumb Pie
- The Best Blueberry Coffee Cake
- Huckleberry Hooch
- Blueberry Muffins
- Blueberry Pomegranate Smoothie
- Blueberry Syrup
- Blueberry Whole Wheat Pancakes
- Blueberry Muffin Oatmeal
- Lemon Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce
- Blueberry Lemon Bread
- Baked Blueberry Oatmeal
- 25 Amazing Blueberry Recipes
- 40 Luscious Blueberry Recipes
Must-Have Blueberry Picking And Storage Accessories
- 1 pint berry baskets
- Cross body blueberry picking pail
- Blueberry picking bucket harness
- Blueberry storage containers
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Blueberry Dream Pie
- 1 in pie shell - baked and cooled (try the pie crust recipe my Perfect Blueberry Pie post)
- 4 cups fresh blueberries - divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant tapioca
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 4 oz Cool Whip
- In a saucepan, combine 1 1/2 cups blueberries, sugar and tapioca over medium-high heat, stirring frequently.
- Once the sauce starts to thicken, remove sauce from heat.
- Off the heat, add remaining 2 1/2 cups of blueberries and stir to combine.
- Pour into baked and cooled pie shell and refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, whisk together pudding and milk until thickened.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Top blueberries with pudding mixture and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.