These easy Ham and Cheese Sushi Rolls are a fun twist on school lunches.
My son heads back to school next week. He just said to me tonight that he is excited to go back. He misses his friends.
Back-to-school means I’ll be back to packing lunches for the little guy. This might sound strange, but I like to pack his lunch every day. I like to fold laundry too, but that’s a story for another day.
Rather than making boring old sandwiches, I thought I would fancy things up a little bit by turning his favorite ham and cheese sandwich into these adorable “sushi” rolls.
They’re easy to make. Easy to pack. And, totally pop-able.
The first time I made these for him, he couldn’t get enough of them.
Just think of all the ways you can make these….turkey and swiss, Italian style with salami and capicola, roast beef and cheddar, all veggie. You can even make them with Peanut Butter and Jelly, like I did Peanut butter and Jelly Sushi.
Not only can you mix up the protein and cheeses, but you can experiment with various sandwich spreads and veggies.
The possibilities are endless.
If you this recipe, make sure you sign up for It Is a Keeper’s email newsletter! You’ll receive a FREE Kitchen Cheat Sheet Printable as a thank you!
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPE.
Here are some other recipes you may like:
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
Ham and Cheese Sushi Rolls
- 2 slices bread
- 2 slices deli ham
- 2 slices cheese of your choice
- 1 tablespoon mayo
- 8 leaves baby spinach
- Remove the crusts from both slices of bread.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten each slice of bread.
- Spread a thin layer of mayo on each slice of bread, leaving 1/4 inch on each side
- Lay 4 spinach leaves on each slice of bread.
- Lay one slice of ham on top of spinach.
- Top with cheese.
- Roll each slice of bread up tightly.
- Slice each roll into rounds about 1/2 inch thick.