Looking for the best ever homemade granola? Look no further! This is the best homemade granola recipe you will ever find!
I absolutely love granola. But, I don’t love its price tag. I can’t believe how expensive it is in the stores. So I scoured the internet. There are thousands of granola recipes out there. But, I couldn’t find one that wowed me. So, I took a bit of this one and a little of that one and compiled my own recipe.
This recipe turned out perfect! A little crunchy, a little chewy, a little sweetness…bliss! Since I concocted this recipe, I’ve made at least one batch every week. Some weeks I make 2 or 3 batches. It’s greatly mixed in with yogurt. Or, in a bowl with some milk. Or, just by itself.
Each time I make it, though, I add something different. I’ve used dried blueberries, dried pomegranates, dried cherries, walnuts…whatever I have handy. It’s all great!
Watch me make this recipe
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 3 tablespoons wheat germ
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Agave nectar, or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, coconut, brown sugar, wheat germ, flax, salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, combine agave nectar, oil and vanilla.
- Stir wet ingredients into oat mixture and pour onto 2 sheet pans.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes in a 250 degree oven, stirring every 15-30 minutes to get an even color.
- Remove from oven and add dried cranberries.
- Mix until combined.
- Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.