This Bacon and Bleu Cheese Wedge Salad is one of my favorite salads!
Let’s face it, some salads can be fussy. I’ve watched enough cooking competitions to know that many times, chefs put as much time into their fancy salads as they would an entree.
This salad, however, is not fussy. It’s big. It’s bold. And, it has BACON!
It starts with a big, ole wedge of iceberg lettuce. No need to waste your time chopping it into bite sized pieces either. Just cut the head of lettuce into quarters and you’re good to go.
Then I top it with of healthy dollop of this incredible homemade Bleu Cheese Dressing and let it run down the sides and work it’s way into the lettuce layers.
Next come the toppings. I added red onion and San Marzano tomatoes right from the garden. And the crowning glory…lots of chopped bacon.
This salad is a meal in itself! It’s perfect on its own or paired with a big ole juicy steak!
This recipe is definitely a keeper! I’l be making it again and again!
If you love bacon, head over our Bacon Month giveaway HERE. You can enter to win a super awesome Bacon Month prize pack.
And, for all of you bacon addicts out there, as part of Bacon Month we are sharing bacon recipes every Tuesday and Saturday in August. So stay tuned – there’s lots more bacon-liciousness to come! Here are some of the other bacon recipes being shared today:
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPE.
Here are some other recipes you may like:
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
Bacon & Bleu Cheese Wedge Salad
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cored and quartered
- 3 San Marzano (or Roma) tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup bleu cheese, crumbled
- ½ pound bacon, cooked and chopped
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ cup bleu cheese crumbles
- Arrange lettuce quarters on plates.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayo, sour cream, buttermilk, salt, pepper, garlic and lemon juice.
- Fold bleu cheese crumbles into dressing.
- Pour desired amount of dressing over the lettuce wedge.
- Top with crumbled bacon, bleu cheese crumbles and tomatoes.
FREE Kitchen Hacks & Cheat Sheet Guide!
Thank you so much for visiting It Is a Keeper! Make sure you grab your FREE guide!
Brilliant Kitchen Hacks & Cheat Sheet