If you love quick easy dessert recipes, then you will love this Chocolate Chip Banana Bread.
Banana bread has always been a best-loved treat in our household. Give me a warm slice, right out of the oven, with a big pat of butter on top. Add a glass of milk on the side? Perfection! What I had never imagined, though, was adding chocolate chips. Nuts, yes. Chocolate? Well, it just never occured to me.
Our daughter, Shannon, is the one who introduced us to this unique twist on an old favorite. She was challenged with an extremely picky eater in her youngest child. MacKenzie was a special-needs baby who resisted almost any kind of food. Getting nutrients in her was a big hassle. For a long while mac ‘n cheese, fresh strawberries and chocolate chip cookies were all that she would eat. Period!
Shannon, then, got the brilliant idea of sneaking bananas into her diet by way of CHOCOLATE, MacKenzie’s favorite. It worked! They’ve made this bread 2 or 3 times a month ever after. Grandpa (my hubby) tasted a slice and he became an instant fan. Banana chocolate chip bread is now his favorite!
True confessions: though I really enjoy a big slice of this yummy bread, I have a serious romance going on with raisins. If you do, too, you have to try my pumpkin raisin bread recipe. It is amazing.
If you this recipe, make sure you sign up for It Is a Keeper’s email newsletter! You’ll receive a FREE Kitchen Cheat Sheet Printable as a thank you!
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPE.
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
Easy Dessert Recipes: Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp . cinnamon
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, 1 stick
- 1 T . milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- powdered sugar*
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Grease 9x5 loaf pan
- Get out three mixing bowls.
- Bowl #1 Combine flour baking soda baking powder salt and cinnamon in one bowl
- Bowl #2 Beat butter and sugar in the second bowl. Add eggs one a time to the butter and sugar mixture. Beat till light and fluffy.
- Bowl #3 Mash bananas. Mix with vanilla, milk in the third bowl . Beat with a fork till fluffy.
- Stir banana mixture into butter/sugar mixture and blend well.
- Add flour mixture to banana mixture gradually and blend.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into greased loaf pan
- Bake on 325° for 70-80 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar lightly on top to make it pretty (optional)