Kale Brussel Sprouts Salad makes a wonderful addition to any meal. It is a healthy, delicious combination of flavors that is completely irresistible. The tanginess of the dressing along with the hearty veggies and sweet cranberries is a crowd pleaser! Check out all of my summer recipes dinner that pair perfectly with this recipe!
Why This Recipe for Kale Brussel Sprouts Salad Works
Let me tell you this recipe will turn heads. The crisp veggie combination along with the delicious dressing will be a hit for your dinner, cookout, or snack time. Yes, make it into a snack. Such a simple slaw and it keeps longer than your traditional slaw recipes.
The added cranberries give a little sweet in every bite! So good!
Can Kale Salad Be Made Ahead?
Yes! This recipe is better the longer it sits. At least 4 hours is recommended but I let it go over night. You truly can’t over do it with this kale salad recipe. The overnight sit in the refrigerator marry the ingredients together even more to make it truly incredible!
On a personal note, I have been known to make a whole meal out of this scrumptious kale salad because it is so tasty! Have it with dinner and then lunch the next day!
How to Make Kale Brussel Sprouts Salad
Kale brussel sprouts salad takes just minutes to make and requires nothing really complicated to get things done. Begin by chopping the kale finely and then trim and chop the brussel sprouts. Add them to a bowl. Throw in the pecans and cranberries. No worry to mix now, you can do that once the dressing is done.
Mix all of the ingredients for the dressing and pour it over the top. Give it a good mix coating all of the kale mixture. At this point in time it is tempting not to take a few bites, go ahead, nobody is looking!
Expert Tips for Making Brussel Sprouts Salad Recipes
Here are a few tips for making this brussel sprouts salad recipes your new addiction!
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight for best results.
- Serve it cold for the best taste!
- Make sure to finely chop the kale, large pieces tend to have a bitter taste.
Variations for Making Healthy Cole Slaw Recipes
Check out these ways of making healthy cole slaw recipes with a twist. These ideas are perfect for a little variation to the traditional recipe.
- Use raisins or pomegranate instead of the cranberries if those are more your thing.
- Add in some bacon for a savory twist and make it into a meal.
- Toss in some sunflower seeds for a little crunchy addition.
Tools Use to Make Kale Brussel Sprouts Salad
Quality Knife: This knife is my favorite for conquering all my veggie chopping.
Cutting Board: Every kitchen needs a good cutting board.
Serving Bowl: Always keep a good sized bowl in your kitchen for serving recipes like this kale brussel sprouts salad.
Mandoline: This makes for slicing veggies so easy!
More Healthy Salad Recipes You Might Like
- Citrus Broccoli Slaw
- Green Goddess Salad Dressing
Looking for more? Check out all of the summer recipes dinner on It Is a Keeper.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Kale Brussel Sprouts Salad
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 pound brussel sprouts
- 1 small shallot
- 6 oz. bag dried cranberries
- 8 oz chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp House Seasoning Blend
- Chop kale into bite sized pieces.
- Trimp and shred Brussels Sprouts.
- Place kale and sprouts into a large bowl.
- Finely shallot; add to bowl with greens.
- Add pecans and cranberries to the bowl.
- Add vinaigrette ingredients to a jar with a tight fitting lid; shake until combined.
- Pour vinaigrette over salad and toss to coat.
- Coved and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.