Kale Brussel Sprouts Salad makes a wonderful addition to any meal. It is a healthy, delicious combination of flavors that is completely irresistible. The tanginess of the dressing along with the hearty veggies and sweet cranberries is a crowd pleaser! Check out all of my summer recipes dinners that pair perfectly with this recipe!
Why This Recipe for Kale Brussel Sprouts Salad Works
Let me tell you this recipe will turn heads. The crisp veggie combination along with the delicious dressing will be a hit for your dinner, cookout, or snack time. Yes, make it into a snack. Such a simple slaw and it keeps longer than your traditional slaw recipes.
The added cranberries give a little sweetness to every bite! So good!
Can Kale Salad Be Made Ahead?
Yes! This recipe is better the longer it sits. At least 4 hours is recommended but I let it go overnight. You truly can’t overdo it with this kale salad recipe. The overnight sit in the refrigerator marry the ingredients together, even more, to make it truly incredible!
On a personal note, I have been known to make a whole meal out of this scrumptious kale salad because it is so tasty! Have it with dinner and then lunch the next day!
How to Make Kale Brussel Sprouts Salad
Kale Brussels sprouts salad takes just minutes to make and requires nothing really complicated to get things done. Begin by chopping the kale finely and then trim and chop the Brussels sprouts. Add them to a bowl. Throw in the pecans and cranberries. No worry to mix now, you can do that once the dressing is done.
Mix all of the ingredients for the dressing and pour it over the top. Give it a good mix coating all of the kale mixtures. At this point in time, it is tempting not to take a few bites, go ahead, nobody is looking!
Expert Tips for Making Brussel Sprouts Salad Recipes
Here are a few tips for making this brussel sprouts salad recipes your new addiction!
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight for best results.
- Serve it cold for the best taste!
- Make sure to finely chop the kale, large pieces tend to have a bitter taste.
Variations for Making Healthy Cole Slaw Recipes
Check out these ways of making healthy coleslaw recipes with a twist. These ideas are perfect for a little variation to the traditional recipe.
- Use raisins or pomegranate instead of the cranberries if those are more your thing.
- Add in some bacon for a savory twist and make it into a meal.
- Toss in some sunflower seeds for a little crunchy addition.
Tools Use to Make Kale Brussel Sprouts Salad
Quality Knife: This knife is my favorite for conquering all my veggie chopping.
Cutting Board: Every kitchen needs a good cutting board.
Serving Bowl: Always keep a good-sized bowl in your kitchen for serving recipes like this kale brussel sprouts salad.
Mandoline: This makes slicing veggies so easy!
More Healthy Salad Recipes You Might Like
- Green Goddess Salad Dressing
- Healthy Dinner Ideas for Two
- Crispy Brussel Sprouts Recipe with Prosciutto
Looking for more? Check out all of the summer recipes dinners on It Is a Keeper.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Kale Brussel Sprouts Salad
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 pound brussel sprouts
- 1 small shallot
- 6 oz. bag dried cranberries
- 8 oz chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp House Seasoning Blend
- Chop kale into bite sized pieces.
- Trimp and shred Brussels Sprouts.
- Place kale and sprouts into a large bowl.
- Finely shallot; add to bowl with greens.
- Add pecans and cranberries to the bowl.
- Add vinaigrette ingredients to a jar with a tight fitting lid; shake until combined.
- Pour vinaigrette over salad and toss to coat.
- Coved and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
7 thoughts on “Kale and Brussels Sprouts Salad”
oooops! I HAD to come back and rate this 5 stars!
This is so delicious! I LOVE the dried cranberries and pecans. This is my new recipe for anything that needs a slaw and that is a compliment coming from someone who hates Brussels sprouts!
I’m so glad you loved this recipe! It’s definitely one of our faves too!
I love the crunch and colour of this salad. What a great side dish for all the BBQ parties this summer. You can never have too many salad recipes this time of year. There is always a party on the weekend!!
I’m so glad you enjoyed it! 🙂
I served this salad at a picnic last weekend and it was a huge hit. Great flavors, everyone loved it!
I’m so glad you enjoyed it! 🙂