This easy and delicious Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Dip will be your new favorite party staple. This crock pot dip is the perfect appetizer if you are hosting the party or need to bring it to your holiday event.
Why this Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Dip Recipe Works
Now that cold weather has set in our minds turn towards party season. If you are hosting a football party or a holiday get-together there is nothing more satisfying than a warm dip. Crock Pot dips are an easy make ahead appetizer that gives you more time to enjoy your party and guests and less time stressing in the kitchen. This Slow Cooker Cheeseburger dip is one of favorites because it is so versatile and everyone loves it.
Can you make Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Dip on the Stove top?
Everything in my life has to be multifunctional so if you don’t have a crock pot this recipe can be cooked on the stove top and served hot in your favorite serving dish. You can even make this appetizer ahead of time and store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for a day or two.
You can even put it in an oven safe dish and heat at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes until hot and bubbly.
The slow cooker keeps it hot for the entire gatherings so if space is a concern for not having a crock pot, try getting one of these mini crock pots, not only are they affordable, they are the perfect size for this dip and it doesn’t take up a lot of room in your kitchen or on your party display table. My slow cooker is truly one of my most used appliances.
Can the Slow Cooker Cheeseburger dip be frozen?
You can absolutely freeze this dip as long as the cheese dip has not sat out at your party for too long. It should be sealed in an air tight bag or container and gently thawed for a day or two in the refrigerator before heating and serving.
I like to use a blend of ground beef and sausage in this recipe because I really think that it adds more flavor to the finished dip. You start by browning the ground beef in a large skillet with my House Blend Seasoning and Worchestershire sauce. This skillet is my favorite because it cooks the meat evenly and cleans up so nicely, I have has it for years.
The key to a nice smooth dip is to have the meat chopped finely. I use this meat chopper. It makes the job so much easier. Drain and place in the slow cooker and repeat with the sausage. Then add the rest of the ingredients including my Burger Seasoning Blend and into your crock pot and cover and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours and you are good to go. It couldn’t be easier and more delicious.
Serve with your favorite corn chip, toasted bread or other hearty cracker.
Tips for Making the Dip
Everyone loves this Crock Pot Cheeseburger dip so it can be easily doubled for large gatherings. I rarely have leftovers.
- Remember to break up the meat well so there are no big hunks of meat in your dip that are hard to pick up. Try this meat chopper for great results.
- Your instant pot can also be used as a slow cooker if you don’t have one.
- You don’t have to use Velveeta, you can use your favorite cheese that melts well.
Variations and What to Serve with Cheeseburger Dip
- If you like a little more of a kick try Mexican blend or Jalapeno blend Velveeta Cheese.
- Bacon always makes everything better, so use some to add even more flavor.
- Try serving this Crock Pot Cheeseburger Dip with Potato Wedges or Potato Skins to really impress.
Tools Used to Make This Recipe
Skillet: This is my favorite and cooks so beautifully.
Slow Cooker Liners: After a party, these make clean up so easy.
Meat Chopper: This chopper makes the job so much easier and quicker.
Slow Cooker: I cant live without this one.
Mini Crockpot: So cute and comes in so handy without taking up too much space.
More Recipes You Might Like
- Hoagie Dip
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- White Pizza Dip
- Pepperoni Pizza Dip
- 20 Slow Cooker Dip Recipes
Looking for more? Check out all of the easy dip recipes on It Is a Keeper.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Dip
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon House Seasoning Blend
- 1 tablespoon Worchestershire sauce
- 1 pound mild sausage casings removed
- 2 pounds Velveeta process cheese cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 10.5 oz can Cream of cheddar cheese soup
- 1 10 oz can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 tablespoon Burger Seasoning Blend
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Season ground beef with House Seasoning Blend; add to skillet.
- Add Worchestershire sauce to skillet.
- Cook beef until browned, about 5-7 minutes, making sure to break up beef into fine pieces.
- Drain beef, remove from skillet and add to slow cooker.
- In the same skillet, cook sausage over medium high heat until cooked through, making sure to break up sausage into fine pieces.
- Drain sausage, remove from skillet and add to slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/