These Peanut Chews are soft and crunchy, salty and sweet. They are the perfect treat!
I first had these peanut bars at my holiday cookie exchange last year. My good friend Amy made them and I couldn’t stop thinking about them since!
This recipe is pretty rich, so I cut them into small bars. Once cut, you can put them them in the foil cupcake liners – if you place them in paper liners, the liners will become greasy.
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
These Peanut Chews are soft and crunchy, salty and sweet. They are the perfect treat!Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️Did you try this recipe? Please leave a star rating and review below!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- ⅓ cup margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- ⅔ cup light corn syrup
- 1 10 oz bag peanut butter chips
- ¼ cup margarine
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine cake mix, butter, egg, and beat low until crumbly.
- Press in bottom of greased 13x9 pan.
- Bake 350 for 12-18 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove, add marshmallows on top, return to oven 1-2 minutes until puffy.
- Cool while preparing topping.
- In a large saucepan, combine all topping ingredients except cereal and peanuts.
- Heat until smooth stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, stir in cereal and peanuts, immediately spoon over marshmallows.
- Spread to cover.
- Refrigerate for one hour or let cool room temperature until firm and cut into bars.
Estimated Nutritional Information
Calories: 491kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 550mg | Potassium: 224mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 40g | Vitamin A: 415IU | Vitamin C: 0.02mg | Calcium: 124mg | Iron: 2mg
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/
PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER!Follow Me: @ItsAKeeperBlog or tag #itisakeeper
3 thoughts on “Peanut Chews”
These are just looking WONDERFUL !!
Thanks so much! 🙂 They are delish!
My god do those sound amazing!