Most mornings I like to start my day off with a Green Smoothie – it’s one of my favorite healthy smoothie recipes for breakfast. But, sometimes, my mornings are too hectic and that’s just not an option. I need to find a quick way to kick start my day.
Green smoothies are one of my favorite ways to get extra veggies, antioxidants and other healthy stuff into my diet. I find that this smoothie gives me what I need to tackle my day.
It’s packed with good-for-you stuff like kale, spinach, berries, citrus and flax. Don’t let the color scare you off! This smoothie is sweet and delicious – you can’t even taste the green stuff.
Even my little guy loves them! I’ll admit the first time I gave it to him, I didn’t let him see the color. But now, he asks for them just about every day. And, hey, who couldn’t use more veggies in their lives?!
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It’s a Keeper:
Here’s the handy printable recipe for my Green Smoothie…
Our Favorite Green Smoothie
- 1 Orange - navel
- ½ Apple
- 1 Carrot
- 5-6 Strawberries
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 Banana
- 1 cup pineapple
- 1 Kale Leaf
- 1 Tablespoon of Flax Seed
- 1 cup ice
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend to the desired consistency.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.