Cast Iron Burgers are a quick and easy recipe for the perfect burger. Cast Iron distributes the heat evenly, ensuring for perfect cooked hamburgers every time. You end up with flavorful crust on the outside but cooked perfectly on the inside.
These Cast Iron Burgers are the best way to make a hamburger without having to use a grill. It is the perfect way to make a wonderful hamburger any day of the week.
Want even more quick and easy dinner recipes.
MORE BEEF RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
What We Love About This Burgers in Cast Iron Skillet Recipe
Everyone wants an easy but exceptional dinner, this recipe is simple. It has simple ingredients but produces a consistently good burger every time.
- 30 Minute Meal: Perfect for any night of the week.
- Easy Ingredients: Only two ingredients.
- Family Friendly: This burger is a real crowd pleaser.
- Adaptable: Can make it low-carb, dairy free, etc..
Ingredient Notes for Cast Iron Skillet Hamburgers
- Ground Beef
- 1 Burger Seasoning Blend, 1 tablespoon
Equipment Needed for Hamburgers Cooked in Cast Iron Skillet
- Cast Iron Skillet
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Spoon
How to Make Cast Iron Skillet Burgers
These are the basic steps for making hamburgers cooked in cast iron skillet. Please refer to the recipe card below for more detailed instructions and nutritional information.
STEP 1: MIX
First, add ground beef and burger seasoning blend to a large bowl and lightly mix with your hand. Divide meat into four equal portions and form into patties.
STEP 2: FORM
Then, use your thumb to make a divot int the center of each patty and next heat a cast iron skillet over medium high heat for 2 minutes.
STEP 3: COOK
Finally, add the burger patties to the skillet, depending on the size of your skillet you may need to cook the burgers in batches. Flip only once.
Prep and Storage Tips for Cast Iron Skillet Hamburgers
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE AHEAD OF TIME
Create the mix and form into patties and you can wrap them well and freeze them or place them in the fridge until needed.
HOW TO STORE THIS RECIPE
Store uncooked hamburger in the refrigerator for up to three days.
HOW TO FREEZE THIS RECIPE
Place cooked or uncooked hamburgers in the freezer for up to four months.
HOW TO REHEAT THIS RECIPE
Cook from frozen or thaw in the refrigerator if you prefer.
Frequently Asked Questions about Burgers in Cast Iron Skillet
Truly, this is a very healthy recipe, if you are keto or low carb, do not use a bun and use lettuce as a wrap.
Of course, use your favorites, such as:
> Slices of Onion
Indeed, adjust the recipe how you like to fit the needs of your gathering.
Not only does it almost completely put an end to flare-ups, it means you’ll be cooking the burgers in their own fat. This helps preserve some of that precious beef flavor and will make a juicier burger in the end. Find out more here.
Invest in a meat thermometer. Cook the burgers to your temperature of your liking: Rare (3 minutes per side, 120-125 degrees), Medium Rare (4 minutes per side, 130-135 degrees), Medium (5 minutes per side, 140-145 degrees), Medium Well (6 minutes per side, 150-155 degrees) or Well Done (7 minutes per side, 160 degrees).
Expert Tips for Making This Burger Recipes
- Add a slice of cheese: Use your favorite on the cooked burgers.
- Short cut tip: Add Avocado, pickles or mustard, mayonnaise or your favorite condiments.
- Variation tip: Feel free to add as many tips as you need in this section
- Ground Chuck: A nice 80/20 mix is best.
- Alternate cooking method tip: If not cooking on the stovetop, cook on a grill in the skillet.
- Finish: Kosher salt, black pepper or all purpose blend can be used.
- Griddle: The cast iron griddle can be used in place of a skillet.
What to Serve with Cast Iron Burgers
- Air Fryer In and Out Animal Fries
- Crispy Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Brown Sugar
- Instant Pot Baked Beans
Did you try this recipe?
⭐ Click below to leave a review and rating! ⭐
Cast Iron Burgers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon burger seasoning blend
- Add ground beef and burger seasoning blend to a medium bowl and lightly mix with your hand.
- Divide meat into four equal portions and form into patties.
- Use your thumb to make a divot int the center of each patty.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the burger patties to the skillet, depending on the size of your skillet you may need to cook the burgers in batches.
- Cook the burgers to your temperature of your liking: Rare (3 minutes per side, 120-125 degrees), Medium Rare (4 minutes per side, 130-135 degrees), Medium (5 minutes per side, 140-145 degrees), Medium Well (6 minutes per side, 150-155 degrees) or Well Done (7 minutes per side, 160 degrees).