Baked Chicken FajitasMay 1, 2014
I don’t know about you, but we have Taco Tuesday at our house. Because we prefer chicken tacos, I usually pick up a rotisserie chicken the grocery store on my way home from work. I shred the chicken, mix it the with taco seasoning and serve up all the usual toppings. We don’t do it every week, but often enough that I have gotten bored with the same fixins.
After poking around on Pinterest one afternoon, I came across this recipe for Baked Chicken Fajitas. They looked easy enough and sounded really good. So, in addition to our traditional Taco Tuesday spread, I baked up a batch and gave it a whirl.
These were so good! The seasoning is absolutely perfect! And, they couldn’t be easier to put together. In fact, I mixed everything up (except the chicken) the night before. That way, when we got home from soccer practices, all I had to do was add the chicken and bake. It doesn’t get easier than that! They reminded me a lot of the fajitas that we get at our local Mexican restaurant.
This recipe has brought a new life to Taco Tuesday! I can’t wait for next Tuesday!
Compliments of It’s a Keeper
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
1 medium onion, sliced
1 large bell pepper, seeded and sliced
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp salt
12 flour tortillas, warmed to serve
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 13×9 baking dish.
- Mix together chicken, tomatoes, chilies, peppers, and onions in the dish.
- In a small bowl combine the oil and spices.
- Drizzle the spice mixture over the chicken and toss to coat.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
Adapted from Six Sisters’ Stuff
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It’s a Keeper:
Latest posts by Christina (see all)
- Spooky Graveyard Snacks - October 22, 2014
- Apple Pie Moonshine - October 19, 2014
- Review: Spin Master Air Hogs Vectron Wave #VectronInSpace - October 19, 2014