These Soft and Chewy Loaded M&M Cookies are an easy cookie recipe that is sure to satisfy your chocolate craving.
What’s Christmas without cookies? Well, it’s still Christmas but maybe a little less tasty and a little less fun. Today I’m sharing a recipe with you for one of my favorite cookies Soft and Chewy Loaded M&M Cookies.Hi! It’s Susanne from New South Charm. I’m back again this month bringing you a great Christmas cookie recipe.
So what’s so special about these cookies? First there’s the cookie dough. It’s made from scratch and delicious. Don’t let the “from scratch” part scare you away. These are some of he easiest cookies I’ve ever made. Secondly, these cookies are FULL of M&Ms and chocolate chips.
Don’t let the list of ingredients or the length of the instructions stop you from trying this recipe. I swear it is super easy. All you need to do is combine everything in a large bowl with a mixer, chill in the refrigerator, scoop it into balls and bake.
Look at the cookies in the picture above. Notice how the one on the right has M&Ms and chocolate chips on the outside. I’m going to share a tip I learned a couple weeks ago so that your cookies can look like this every time.
After you have rolled the dough into balls go back with a few extra M&Ms and Chocolate chips and place them around the outside, Then when the cookies settle in the oven they will remain visible. This gives your cookies almost bakery style look.
Cookies are my favorite dessert. What is your favorite dessert? Do you like cookies, cakes, pies or something else? Leave me a message in the comments below and let me know.
If you like this recipe, make sure you sign up for It Is a Keeper’s email newsletter! You’ll receive a FREE Kitchen Cheat Sheet Printable as a thank you!
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPE.
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
Soft and Chewy Loaded M&M Cookies
Soft and Chewy Loaded M&M Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened (1 stick)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup instant vanilla pudding mix unprepared
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 3/4 cup M&Ms plus additional for adding to tops
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips plus additional for adding to tops
- In a large mixing bowl combine the butter, sugar, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, and beat on medium until creamed. This should take 3-4 minutes.
- If using a stand mixer use paddle attachment on medium-high speed.
- Add the flour, pudding mix, baking soda, salt, and beat on low speed until just combined. (This should take about 1 minute)
- Using a larger cookie scoop or your hands, form 12 equal-sized mounds of dough, roll into balls, and flatten slightly.
- Place balls of uncooked dough on a large tray then cover with plastic wrap.
- Chill dough in fridge for 3 hours. Do not skip this step. Unchilled dough will fall flat in the oven.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Place dough in balls on baking sheet, spaced at least 2 inches apart. Bake for about 10 to 11 minutes.
- Edges should be firm and tops should be just set.
- Even if cookies appear slightly undercooked in the center remove them from the oven. The cookies firm up as they cool. Allow cookies to completely cool on cookie sheet.
- Cookies will keep in a tightly sealed container at room temperature for up to one week or frozen up to six months.
- Uncooked dough will keep in a tightly sealed container for five days or frozen for three months.
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/