This Overnight French Toast casserole is an easy breakfast recipe that you can make ahead.
Breakfast is probably my least favorite meal to make….mostly, because I’m not a morning person. At all. So, I’m all about breakfast recipes that I can prepare the day before.
This Overnight French Toast Casserole is the perfect make-ahead breakfast recipe. The bread needs to soak up all of the vanilla-y (yes, that’s a word) custard.
I like to use a good quality bakery bread in this recipe. French bread or brioche would be perfect! But, if you want to take a simpler route, you can always use good ‘ol Texas toast bread.
Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place bread cubes in baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Pour mixture over top of the bread cubes.
- Cover and refrigerate over night.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until casserole reaches desired doneness.
- Serve warm.