This Pressure Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken is one of my all-time favorite Instant Pot chicken recipes. It’s a great quick and easy dinner idea.
I absolutely love my Instant Pot. This is the one I have. It’s a real lifesaver on busy weeknights. It takes no time at all to pull together a flavorful, homemade meal using the pressure cooker function.
This Honey Garlic Chicken is a twist on my slow cooker honey garlic chicken. In this recipe, though, I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs. The thighs stay moist in the high-pressure cooking environment and have great flavor. I also have a skillet brown sugar chicken and a baked honey garlic chicken, too.
If you haven’t tried an Instant Pot yet, you must! It’s a great way to quickly get dinner on the table.
My Favorite Accessories for Insta Pot Recipes
- My favorite Instant Pot
- Tempered Glass Clear Lid
- Steamer Basket
- Instant Pot Mini Mits
- Instant Pot Cover
My Favorite Instant Pot Cookbooks
- The Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook: Easy Recipes for Fast & Healthy Meals
- Paleo Cooking with Your Instant Pot
- The Instant Pot Cookbook: 550 Delicious Dishes
Looking for More Easy Instant Pot Recipes Chicken
- Instant Pot Sticky Chicken
Best Instant Pot Recipes
Looking for more? Check out all of the instant pot recipes beginners on It Is a Keeper.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Pressure Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 teaspoons House Seasoning Blend
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- ¼ cup water
- Add chicken stock, honey, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic and ginger to the bowl of the pressure cooker; Whisk to combine.
- Combine flour and House Seasoning Blend in a shallow bowl; Dredge chicken in flour mixture making sure both sides are coated.
- Add chicken to pressure cooker.
- Attach lid to the pressure cooker and cook with the manual setting for 15 minutes.
- Allow pressure cooker to naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the pressure cooker.
- Whisk together cornstarch and water to form a slurry.
- Set cooker to "saute" setting and whisk in slurry.
- Allow to cook until sauce thickens.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve.
12 thoughts on “Pressure Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken”
Is the 15 min manual setting on high? My model allows me to select medium or high on manual.
Yes, it is.
Can you use frozen chicken?
Absolutely! You may need to adjust the cooking time slightly though. I would start by adding 5-10 minutes.
My kids love honey garlic chicken! This recipe is a little bit different so I can’t wait to try it. I love making it for my kids in the slow cooker because it’s easy and quick.
THis is very easy and quick!
This was such a simple but delicious meal! Can’t wait to make it again!
This flavor combination is heavenly! I know it’s going to be a family favorite for us!
SO EASY TO MAKE – perfect for busy families and the house smelt amazing as it cooked. I love chicken and honey in combination but switching out my normal mustard for garlic meant that the kids would eat it as well.
The salty-sweet sauce for this chicken is delicious! I love that you don’t have to sear the chicken before adding it to the pressure cooker. It saves time and dishes!.
Yes, ma’am! I’m all about less dishes!
What a super scrumptious recipe! My mouth is salivating just waiting for my Instant Pot to finish cooking this fabulous honey garlic chicken. I’m in my office, but I can smell the heavenly aroma floating out from my kitchen. Thank you so much for this quick and easy recipe!