This easy Instant Pot BBQ Chicken recipe has only three easy ingredients and is incredibly easy to make. It’s always a hit and one of the best crock pot recipes for chicken.
Instant Pot BBQ Chicken
When it comes to easy dinners, it doesn’t get much simpler than this Instant Pot BBQ Chicken. There are only three ingredients and it only takes a few quick minutes to get into the crock pot and cooking.
It’s easy BBQ Chicken slow cooker style! It’s delicious enough to serve as is or sometimes, I serve it as Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Chicken with some extra barbecue sauce on the side. Other times, I pile it onto rolls for Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Sandwiches. Anyway you decided to serve it, it’s a keeper.
You know I’m a huge fan of meal planning. Planning our meals for the week is my Sunday ritual.
My meal planner and checklists make me feel sane. Really. They do.
Well, you know what they say about the best laid plans, right? Yeah. They’re meant to be blown out of the water. That’s what happened to me.
You see, I had planned this amazing new chicken recipe for dinner (I’ll be posting it soon!). However, on the day I was supposed to make said chicken recipe, I woke up late. Very late. Ridiculously late.
I barely had enough time to get dressed that morning – forget prepping my meal for the slow cooker. Why, oh why didn’t I do it the night before?!?
So, I was forced to come up with a plan B. After a quick scan of the fridge, I found what was to become dinner.
The pack of chicken breasts I had and a bottle of BBQ sauce. Yes, a bottle of sauce. Don’t judge me. I’m capable of making my own BBQ sauce – remember this post?
Back to my story. As I was pouring my coffee, brushing my teeth and looking for my car keys, I managed to throw the chicken in the slow cook and pour the entire bottle of sauce on top. I’m a good multi-tasker!
I crossed my fingers, hoped for the best and bolted out the door.
Fast forward 6 six hours. The moment of truth. Could something so simple be any good?
It most certainly can! I drizzled the sauce from the slow cooker over the chicken and served it on a bed of brown rice. Now you have instant pot bbq chicken, delicious!
My guys were thrilled! And, I was thrilled because they were thrilled. Which meant we were one big happy family (with full bellies)!
When it comes to slow cookers, there are many options available – from the basic to the ultra fancy. This one is my all-time favorite. I have had a number of slow cookers over the years and this is by far my favorite. It’s easy to use and program. It’s just the right size and it has handy clips that hold the lid on securely while you’re traveling.
Be sure to check out these best slow cooker recipes of all time and my slow cooker tips and tricks.
Serving Ideas for Instant Pot bbq Chicken
- Enjoy this recipe as is, right out of the slow cooker. I serve it with this skillet mac and cheese.
- Amp up the flavor by using this Barbecue Dry Rub recipe on the chicken before cooking it.
- Shred it up (these make it so easy!) for Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Chicken. It’s great as a topping for nachos or tacos.
- Pile it high on soft rolls for Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Sandwiches. Top with my favorite coleslaw recipe for great flavor.
Looking for More Easy Slow Cooker Recipes?
- Instant Pot Barbecue Chicken
- Slow Cooker Balsamic Garlic Chicken
- Crock Pot Sticky Chicken
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
- Slow Cooker Pierogies
- The Best Slow Cooker Recipes
- Slow Cooker Italian Beef
My Favorite Slow Cooker Items
- My favorite slow cooker
- My favorite casserole slow cooker
- Disposable slow cooker liners (I can’t live without these!)
- Slow cooker travel bag
- Slow Cooker Essentials
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon BBQ Rub - (your favorite brand)
- 1 18 oz bottle BBQ Sauce
- Season chicken liberally on both side with BBQ Rub.
- Place chicken in an single layer in the crock of slow cooker.
- Pour BBQ sauce over top of chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.