This recipe for Spicy Roasted Chicken Legs is one of my favorite super easy recipes. The chicken is juicy and packed with so much mouth-watering flavor.
With summer right around the corner, I thought I would share one of my favorite tasty chicken recipes. These spicy roasted chicken legs are very easy to make. They are incredible if you roast them in the oven (as directed) but would be equally as good if grilled.
I love the flavor combination in this recipe. There’s a little tartness from the lemon, a little heat from the Sriracha butter and a little bite from the garlic.
This is a great recipe for chicken thighs, legs or even boneless, skinless breasts. If you decide to make this using chicken breasts, though, I would cut the cooking time down to 15-20 minutes and keep an eye on the internal temperature.
This is one of those times when a good meat thermometer comes in handy. You don’t want to over cook and dry out your chicken!
This recipe is very easily doubled if you’re expecting a crowd. And, I can personally attest that it is just as good the next day, served cold! Like I said, it’s one of my favorite good chicken recipes.
What’s your favorite type of chicken? Drumstick? Thigh? Leave me a comment below!
Tools I used to make this recipe:
(Disclaimer: these are affiliate links)
Super Easy Recipes: Spicy Roasted Chicken Legs
It’s a Keeper
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 3 tsp house seasoning (or salt and pepper), divided
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Sriracha (or your favorite hot sauce)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 24 whole chicken legs, rinsed and patted dry
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line baking sheets with non-stick foil.
- Season the chicken with 1 1/2 tsp of house seasoning and set aside.
- In a large sauce pan, melt the butter.
- Add the lemon juice, house seasoning, cayenne, Sriracha and garlic, and stir. Set aside.
- Using tongs, dip chicken pieces in butter mixture, ensuring each piece is completely coated.
- Place chicken on foil-lined baking sheets.
- Using remaining butter mixture, baste all chicken pieces one final time before placing in oven.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, basting several times.
- Chicken should be golden brown and reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- If you prefer crispier chicken, place baking sheet under the broiler for a few minutes. Keep a close eye on them so they don’t burn.
Recipe was slightly adapted from the Pioneer Woman recipes.
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It’s a Keeper: