Pumpkin Crunch Cake embodies the essence of fall in every bite! This heavenly combination creates a symphony of textures and flavors that will leave you powerless against its charm.
This Pumpkin Crunch Cake is an irresistible treat combines all of your favorite seasonal flavors into one mouthwatering creation. As the leaves change and the air turns crisp, there’s no better way to embrace the season than by savoring the rich, comforting flavors of pumpkin and spice.
Why We Love This Best Pumpkin Crunch Recipe for Thanksgiving Dessert
Discover the heartwarming reasons why we love this pumpkin dump cake recipe. This family favorite dessert has captured our hearts for its simplicity, irresistible flavors, and it’s undeniable charm as a fall classic crack cake. The pumpkin batter is enhanced with cake mix and pecans.
- Easy Prep: With easy to follow and readily available ingredients, this recipe is a breeze to prepare, making it the perfect fall dessert for busy families.
- Family Friendly: The warm, comforting flavors of pumpkin and spice will delight taste buds of all ages. It’s a delightful dessert that the whole family can enjoy together. Especially if they love pumpkin or the flavor of traditional pumpkin pie.
- Perfect for Fall: As the leaves change and the air turns crisp, this pumpkin crunch cake captures the essence of autumn in every bite. Top with some Pumpkin spice whipped cream, cool whip or frost with a little cream cheese frosting. A great Thanksgiving dessert too.
Ingredient Notes for Dump Cake Pumpkin Dessert with Canned Pumpkin Puree
- Pure Pumpkin Puree: This recipe uses canned pumpkin puree for convenience. Make sure you are using pumpkin puree and not canned pumpkin pie filling.
- Evaporated Milk: This ingredient adds creaminess to the cake, creating a luscious texture.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: A blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger, this spice mix infuses the cake with that unmistakable fall flavor.
- Box of Cake Mix: We recommend a yellow box cake mix for the perfect balance of sweetness and moisture.
- Pecans: Chopped pecans provide a delightful crunch and nutty flavor that compliments the pumpkin or if you can’t have nuts simply omit them.
See the recipe card below for a complete list of the ingredients with measurements.
Variations and Substitutions to Make the Perfect Pumpkin Recipe
Whether you’re following a specific dietary path or simply looking to experiment with different flavors, these adaptations offer a chance to make this beloved dessert uniquely yours, it is simple to make.
- Dairy Free Evaporated Milk: If you have dietary restrictions, you can use a dairy-free alternative for the evaporated milk.
- Gluten Free Cake Mix: Easily make this recipe gluten-free by using a certified gluten-free cake mix.
How to Make This Recipe for Delicious Pumpkin Crunch Dessert
These are the basic steps for making this recipe for Pumpkin Crunch Cake. Refer to the full, printable recipe card below for detailed instructions.
Step 1: Prep
Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F. Then, grease a 9×13 baking dish.
Step 2: Make Batter for Pumpkin Layer
Next, in a large mixing bowl combine pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Beat together to combine the ingredients together. Next, pour into the prepared, greased 9×13 baking dish.
Step 3: Add Cake Mix Layer and Pecans and Butter
Then sift the cake mix powder and then spread it in an even layer over the pumpkin mixture. Next, sprinkle on the chopped crunchy pecans and then finish it off by drizzling melted butter on top.
Step 4: Bake Time for the Crunchy Cake.
Finally, place the baking dish into the preheated oven and bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until the top of the cake is golden brown.
Recipe FAQs to Make Pumpkin Crunch Cake Recipe
Expert Tips for Making This Cake Mix Pumpkin Cake
Take your cake mix pumpkin cake from delicious to extraordinary with these expert tips. Whether you’re looking to customize the flavors or elevate the presentation, these insights will help you master this fall-inspired dessert like a pro.
- Different Nuts: If you’re not a fan of pecans, try chopped walnuts or slivered almonds for a unique twist on this simple recipe.
- Spice: Don’t hesitate to increase the amount of spice if you enjoy a bolder flavor. Additional cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger can enhance the taste.
- Alternate Pan: To impress your guests, bake this cake in a bundt pan for a fancier presentation.
- Caramel Drizzle: Elevate your cake with a drizzle of caramel sauce before serving or a scoop of vanilla ice cream or pecans on top. It’s the perfect finishing touch!
What to Serve with Easy Pumpkin Crunch Cake
Pumpkin Crunch Cake
- 15 ounces Pumpkin puree , 1 can
- 12 ounces Evaporated milk , a can
- 3 Eggs
- 1 ½ cups Sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 box Yellow cake mix
- 1 cup Pecans, chopped
- 1 cup Butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, pie spice and salt.
- Pour into greased 13×9 baking dish.
- Sift cake mix and spread evenly on top of pumpkin mixture.
- Sprinkle pecans on top of cake mix.
- Drizzle melted butter evenly over the top.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve either warm or chilled.
- Add Different Nuts: Replace the Pecans with walnuts or slivered almonds if you prefer.
- Spice: Feel free to add more spice to the cake, everyone loves the taste of cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger with their pumpkin so add a little more if you want a spicer finish.
- Variation tip: Feel free to add as many tips as you need in this section
- Alternate Pan: Bake in a bundt pan for a fancier presentation.
- Finish: Drizzle a little caramel sauce on top before serving to create a great surprise.