This easy One Pot BLT Pasta is one of my favorite quick dinner ideas! The entire dish is ready in about 30 minutes and can be made with ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. This recipe is a great quick weeknight meal and it’s fancy enough to serve to company!
BLT….bacon, linguine and tomato! Don’t t flavors just sound delicious? Plus, the entire dish can be made in one pot! That sealed the deal for me since I hate, hate, hate to do dishes!
This was FANTASTIC! I will definitely be making this again (and again and again)! I used whole grain pasta — which I like much better than regular pasta because it’s heartier. There is so much flavor and the cream cheese makes the sauce very creamy and rich. I can’t wait to make this again with tomatoes from my garden!
Even my husband, who’s been sick with a summer cold and can’t taste or smell anything, was raving! I guess the crushed red pepper and garlic flavors powered through! I think the leftovers are going to be quite tasty too! I’ll know for sure tomorrow when I have it for lunch. Yum! Yum! Yum!
Oh and I loved that there was only one pot to clean. One pot, one cutting board, one knife and one measuring cup. That’s it. Not a sink full of dirty dishes. I’m sure my sick husband really appreciated that since he was the one that ended up doing the dishes. He knows how much I hate to do them! I’m a pretty lucky lady, aren’t I? He even does laundry too!
Want to see how it’s made? Watch me make this recipe on WNEP’s Home & Backyard program!
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR THE PRINTABLE RECIPE.
For more recipe inspiration, be sure to check out these pages on It is a Keeper:
- 12 slices of bacon, divided
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2-14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 oz uncooked linguine pasta
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 oz Parmesan cheese, grated
- Halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- Slice the bacon cross wise into strips. Cook in a large skillet with high sides for 8-9 minutes, or until crisp. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels. Drain skillet, leaving 1 tbsp of bacon drippings in the skillet.
- Add onion and red pepper flakes to the skillet. Saute for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and cook for 10-20 seconds more. Add broth and tomatoes to the skillet and bring to a simmer. Add pasta, salt and half of the cooked bacon. Simmer, covered for 9-10 minutes or until pasta is almost cooked by still firm. Stir occasionally.
- Remove skillet from heat and add cubed cream cheese, tomatoes and parsley, reserving 1 tbsp of parsley for garnish. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until pasta is tender and sauce is thickened. Serve with remaining bacon, grated Parmesan cheese and reserved parsley.
Don't Miss a Single Recipe!
Sign up for my enewsletter and get a free eCookbook
10 Must Have Easy Recipes for Busy Cooks