These Italian Ham and Cheese Pinwheels are an easy recipe idea that is perfect for a party or an easy meal.
These Baked Ham and Cheese Pinwheels are a delicious appetizer that’s perfect for your holiday party or even a simple dinner. Just a few simple ingredients and a few minutes in the oven is all it takes to make these pinwheels but trust me they will be a hit with you friends and family.
One of the things that makes these so easy to make is using a store bough dough. I use canned crescent sheet dough. I find it in the refrigerator section of the grocery store with the canned biscuits. When I can’t find the dough sheets I buy the regular crescent dough (in the same section) and just push the seams closed to create a single sheet of dough. If you have a puffy pastry sheet on hand that will work beautifully too.
The thing that makes these so good, well besides ham, is the mixture that you brush across the dough. To make simply combine olive oil, garlic, Italian Seasoning, and onion powder together. Then brush across the dough.
Next you will layer on the ham and mozzarella cheese. I recommend having them sliced at the deli counter. Ask them to cut it thin but not shaved.
Once you have layered on the ham and cheese you will roll the dough together. To do this start at the long end of the dough and roll it tightly until it looks like a log. Then using a sharp serrated knife cut the roll in half. Then cut each half into six slices. I find doing it this way makes it easier to keep the roll together while cutting it.
After the you’ve cut it into 12 slices line them up on a rimmed baking sheet and brush with an egg wash. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. If you want to get fancy you can garnish these with a little parsley for color.
These Baked Ham and Cheese Pinwheels are always a crowd pleaser and they will make you the hit of the party or tailgate.
If you’re looking for more great easy appetizers be sure to check out my recipe for Garlic Parmesan Shrimp or Garlic Butter Shrimp. I also have an easy recipe for Corned Beef Sliders with Horseradish Sauce that is always a winner where I take them.
More Recipes You Might Like
Looking for more? Check out all of the quick easy recipes for dinner on It Is a Keeper.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees and oil or spray a baking sheet with with non stick spray.
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil and seasoning together.
- Roll out the dough onto a cutting board and brush the seasoned olive oil across the dough.
- Spread half the cheese over the dough then layer on the ham followed by the remaining cheese.
- Starting from the bottom edge tightly roll the dough to form a log.
- Next, using a sharp serrated knife slice the roll in half. Then slice each half into six slices.
- Place the rolls on pretreated baking sheet.
- Then in a small bowl whisk together one egg and two tablespoons of water.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/