This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SweetWarmUp #CollectiveBias
Ready to boost your overall health? This Detox Green Tea is just the ticket!
My husband and I drink black tea every night…it’s our little evening ritual. After my son is in bed, we kick back with a cup of tea (that he so graciously makes for me every single night). He’s sweet, isn’t he?!?
For the new year, I was looking for ways to make healthy swaps and I came across this green tea research.
Did you know that green tea may:
- Improve brain function
- Increase fat burning and boosts your metabolism
- Improve physical performance
- Lower your risk of certain cancers
- Lower your risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases
- Improves dental health
- Lowers your risk of infection
- Lower your risk of Type II diabetes
- Lower your risk of cardiovascular disease
- Lower blood pressure
Green tea has been used for thousands of years in China for health purposes. What sets green tea apart from it’s black counterparts is the way it’s processed. Caution…science lesson ahead!
The antioxidants and poly-phenols are what makes green tea so good for you. Black tea (what most of us drink) uses a fermentation process that strips these components out. The process used for green tea skips this fermentation step.
The result is a full-bodied tea packed with good stuff! This is what makes it perfect for a detox drink. I’ve found that I really like Bigelow Green Tea. You can find out more about it here.
Personally, I find it hard to drink green tea straight up. I needed to jazz it up a little.
Truvia is the perfect solution to sweetening this Detox Green Tea without adding those pesky calories.
Truvia is a natural sweetener that comes from the Stevia plant. There’s nothing artificial and nothing harmful. It’s a true zero-calorie sweetener. You can learn more about Truvia here.
Another way I add more flavor to my Detox Green Tea is by adding fresh lime slices and raspberries.
I love this flavor combination. It’s fresh and bright. The perfect little pick-me-up during the day.
I usually make big batches of this tea and keep it in the fridge. This way I can pour myself a big glass when I need a well-deserved break in my day.
You can also enjoy this tea hot if that’s more your thing. It’s flexible like that!
You can also play around with the flavors. I’m dying to try it with fresh apples and cinnamon! So cozy!
I found everything I needed for this recipe at my local Target.
If you’re ready to try this great recipe, you can download a $0.55 coupon for Bigelow tea and you can save 10% on your purchase of any package of Truvía® Natural Sweetener, Truvía® Baking Blend or Truvía® Brown Sugar Blend with Target Cartwheel. If you are not signed up, visit cartwheel.target.com or download the Cartwheel mobile app to join and start saving today!
And, if you would like to try Truvía® Natural Sweetener before purchasing, please request your free sample at here.
Raspberry Lime Detox Green Tea
- 2 Bigelow Green Tea tea bags
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon Truvia sweetener
- 4 slices lime
- 6-8 raspberries
- Place tea bags in a large measuring cup or pitcher.
- Pour in boiling water.
- Stir in Truvia.
- Allow tea to steep to desired strength.
- Remove tea bags and add limes and raspberries.
- For added flavor, crush the berries slightly and squeeze the lime slices to release the juices.
- Recipe can easily be doubled or tripled.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.
What flavor combinations would you try? Leave a comment and let me know!
If you like this recipe, you will love these: