Pork carnitas are an easy Mexican inspired recipe that are full of flavor.
This post is sponsored by Sam’s Butcher Shop. I received product in exchange for this review, however all opinions are 100% my own.
I have a love affair with Mexican food.
I can’t get enough. When I’m not eating Mexican food, I’m thinking about Mexican food – everything from tacos to refried beans to cheesy enchiladas.
And, I’m not talking Taco Bell type food. I’m talking the real deal. Slow cooked meats. Homemade sauces. Fresh vegetables. The good stuff.
One of my favorite Mexican dishes is pork carnitas. They are basically soft flour tortillas piled high with shredded seasoned pork and topped with your favorite toppings such as pico de gallo, guacamole, sour cream and more.
The best part about Pork Carnitas is the shredded pork. It needs to be seasoned with Mexican-inspired flavors such as cumin, onions, peppers and garlic and then slow cooked until it falls apart.
You could spend hours seasoning and slow cooking a big old pork shoulder all day. Or, you could order pre-made Pork Carnitas from Sam’s Butcher Shop in Pennsylvania. I mean, just look at all of the flavor in the photo below. You can actually see the seasonings and bits of pepper running throughout the meat. Lip smackin’ good, I tell ya!
Sam’s Butcher Shop is a small-batch, artisan meat processor that specializes in authentic smoked meats and cheeses. Sam makes all of his products in his shop in Moscow, PA. It happens to be my hometown, so I’ve grown up knowing the quality of his products.
Sam makes all of his meats fresh in small batches. This ensures that when you order his products, you are getting the freshest meats that are jam packed with flavor.
And, while I’m lucky to live just a few short miles from Sam’s Butcher Shop, you don’t need to live nearby to purchase his meats and other products. Sam can ship to his customers. In order to limit shipping time and ensure freshness, he restricts his shipping range to 25 states that can be reached in 2 days or less. You can see if it’s available in your area here.
I have to admit that we’ve tried several of Sam’s products and have been blown away by the flavor and quality.
His porketta is OUT OF THIS WORLD! There is so much flavor jam packed into each porketta roast. It will knock your socks off. Trust me.
And, the smoked kielbasa rings are incredible! I can’t believe I’m getting this excited about meat, but seriously, you have to try it.
Like, right now. Go check out his website. I’ll wait.
The meats from Sam’s Butcher Shop are definitely keepers!
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
Easy Pork Carnitas
- 1 pound Pork Carnita meat
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 12 soft flour tortillas
- Pico de gallo
- Sour cream
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, combine refrigerated pork carnita meat with chicken stock.
- Heat over medium high, until meat is warmed through.
- Meanwhile, warm tortillas according to package directions.
- To serve, pile an ample amount of carnita meat on a tortilla and top with your favorite toppings.
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply type in a new serving amount and the recipe will automatically adjust!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can use this recipe or substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat. This one is my favorite.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.
- The nutritional information provided in this recipe is an estimate. Learn more on how I calculate nutritional information for my recipes.