Decorating for the holidays doesn’t have to be stressful. Here are some cozy Christmas decorating ideas for the whole house.
I love decorating our house for Christmas. It’s a big project, but over the years, I’ve come up with a system to streamline the process.
This post was sponsored by Boscov’s. All opinions are 100% my own.
I usually start decorating the weekend after Thanksgiving. I like to start firs thing in the morning (after I’ve had my obligatory Thanksgiving leftover panini) so I can get a jump start on the project.
Once all of the Thanksgiving decorations are packed away, I begin pulling out my Christmas decorations. I like to take it one space at a time so I don’t end up with a big mess. I have all of the decoration boxes labeled with the room where the decorations go, so going room by room is easy.
Each year, I like to pick up a few new decorations to add to my collection. This year, I found some gorgeous cozy decorations here.
I used the new decorations I picked up at Boscov’s to create this festive display in my entry way. I also found this rustic looking sled for my front door. It would be great inside or outside.
I also found these sweet artificial lighted pine boughs at Boscov’s. I love the glittery tips and the little red berries. Plus, they came prelit with white twinkle lights — my favorite! They are perfectly cozy for the holidays.
I added some burlap and a glittery red ribbon to make it feel a little more rustic. It was the perfect height for under my kitchen cabinets.
One of my best tips for easy holiday decorations is to find a theme that you love and carry it throughout your house. I did just that with our guest powder room.
I used the same lighted pine bough, the snow flake from my kitchen window and the holiday candle ring that was in my foyer.
I love when everything has a cohesive look but it’s not too matchy-matchy.
These tinsel snowflakes are one of my favorite finds. I picked up about 8 of them at Boscov’s and used them throughout my house — in the windows and on the shelf in my foyer.
All of the decorations I showed you in this post were from Boscov’s Department Store. They had so many beautiful decorations – I had a hard time choosing which ones to buy!
More cozy Christmas decorating ideas
- Carry a similar decor theme throughout all of the rooms of your house to tie everything together. Boscov’s Department Store has lots of gorgeous holiday decorations sure to fit your style.
- Pick up a spool of holiday ribbon and add it to candle holders, plants, garlands and other holiday decor to create a cohesive look.
- Don’t forget to decorate your bathroom. Adding a few simple decorations brings every room to life.
- Add a cozy, rustic look to your holiday decorations by incorporating burlap. You can find it at most craft stores. Flannel would be cozy, too!
- Candles and twinkle lights make everything feel warm and cozy.
More Posts You Might Like