70+ Quick Dinner Ideas
Do you cringe when your family asks you what’s for dinner? I’ll provide you with some easy recipes and quick dinner ideas to help you figure it all out.
Do you wish you had more time to spend with your family and less time in the kitchen? So many busy moms struggle with getting dinner on the table every night. Meal planning is your answer to what’s for dinner Dinnertime doesn’t need to be stressful. I’m going to show you just how easy it is to create a meal plan for your family.
Why Should You Start Meal Planning?
- Save Time: By planning out what you’re going to eat all week, you will know, ahead of time, what your family will be eating and can plan accordingly. It also prevents those last minute trips to the grocery store to pick up something for dinner tonight!
- Save Money: By having a meal plan in place you can better plan your grocery store visits. Meal planning allows you take advantage of sales and coupons. Plus, you won’t be going to the grocery store on your way home from work when you’re hungry. You can also cut down on your family’s take-out bill. If you have a meal plan, you’ll be less tempted to order out because you don’t have anything to make for dinner.
- Eat Better: Meal planning will help you allow time to prepare healthy meals, side dishes and salads so you’ll be less tempted to make processed foods from a box. You can easily increase the amount of fruits and veggies that your family eats too. And, let’s not forget that you can cut back on the drive-thru too!
How to Start Meal Planning
- Consider Your Calendar: I usually prepare my family’s meal plan on Sunday. I take into consideration my husband’s work schedule, my son’s activities and any other appointments or commitments that we have. If we have a particularly busy night, I incorporate make ahead meals or easy crock pot recipes.
- Don’t Forget About Leftovers: We always have left overs. So, I make sure to include them in my meal plan. Sometimes I use them for lunch and other times I have a buffet night where we eat up everything that wasn’t finished.
- Include Side Dishes: Don’t forget to plan out side dishes and salads on your meal plan. You don’t want to come home to delicious Slow Cooker Pot Roast and not have anything to serve with it.
- Make Your Grocery List: I always make my grocery list as I’m putting together my meal plan. That way, I know just what I need to put my plan into action. (By the way, my free meal planning printable has a grocery list right on it!)
Meal Planning Tips
- Try new recipes. What’s great about meal planning is you can actually plan to make all of those yummy dishes you’ve been pinning on Pinterest.
- Get your family in on it and let them choose what’s on your meal plan. Allowing kids to take an active role in meal planning and prep will encourage them to eat better and try new things.
- Make sure you plan time to prepare some make ahead meals or freezer meals.
- Check out my weekly meal plan posts — each week I share my weekly meal plan with my readers.
Here are some meal planning resources you might like too:
70 Quick Dinner Ideas
Below is a list of my favorite quick dinner ideas – just click the link for the recipe. Most can be made in under 30 minutes. Make sure you check out my recipe for Chicken Pot Pie Puffs — it’s one of the most popular recipes on It’s a Keeper!
Easy Chicken Recipes
Easy Chicken Pot Pie
Baked Chicken Fajitas
Crispy Cheddar Chicken
Crispy Oven Fried Chicken
Chicken Pot Pie Puffs
Buffalo Chicken Puffs
Easy Chicken Marsala
Crusty Mustard Chicken
Kung Pao Chicken
Lemon Rosemary Grilled Chicken
Roast Chicken with Balsamic Bell Peppers
Roast Chicken with Caramelized Shallots
White Chicken Chili
Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Open Faced Chicken Caprese Sandwiches
Easy Pork Recipes
Balsamic Marinated Grilled Pork Tenderloin
Bacon Avocado Grilled Cheese with Garlic Aioli
Pork Chops with Rosemary Garlic Rub
Drunken Pork Chops
Honey and Spice Glazed Pork Chops
Molasses Grilled Pork Tenderloin
Pork Chops in Creamy Shallot Sauce
Pork Chops Oreganata
Easy Beef Recipes
Easy Pasta Recipes
Penne Gorgonzola with Chicken
Jill’s Easy Spaghetti Sauce
Caramelized Onion Penne
Gnocci and Broccoli in Parmesan Cream Sauce
Linguine with Sausage and Peppers
One Pot BLT Pasta
Spaghetti with Lentils
Easy Soup Recipes
Other Easy Recipes
Sides & Salads
Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Balsamic Quinoa Salad
Cheesy Broccoli Bake
Cheesy Parmesan Orzo
Creamy Broccoli Slaw
Easy Cheesy Orzo
Fresh Tomato and Asparagus Salad
Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Grilled Orzo Salad
Mac and Cheese
Oven Fries with Horseradish Cream
Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
Parmesan Roasted Green Beans
Perfect Caesar Salad
Perfect Mashed Potatoes
Roasted Provencal Vegetables
Roasted Smashed Potatoes
Rosemary Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Spinach Salad with Raspberry Dressing
Sriracha Cole Slaw
Strawberry Salad with Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing
Three Bean Salad
Tuscan Roasted Asparagus
Want more easy recipes? be sure to check out these pages on It’s a Keeper:
Don’t miss a single recipe. Get FREE email updates!